Snapshot 1.0.201.2 Improvements to Search Engine Management, Spatial Navigation, Gray look and the f

• Vivaldi Team

Hi, The highlights today are improvements to search engine management, spatial navigation, an alternative UI look and work in progress towards customisable mouse gestures. In addition, there are a number of nice, requested fixes (see the changelog below for details). Go here for details: https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/33-snapshot-1-0-201-2-search-engines-spatial-navigation-gray-look-customisable-mouse-gestures Regards, Christian Dysthe - Vivaldi Technologies

• Is this the first time we have an interesting "disappearing tabs when not maximised" feature or have I just noticed it for the first time?

I usually use browsers maximised on the screen, but when playing with the new dark theme just now I happened to "restore" the window and realised the tab bar was gone! Also the status bar was displayed transparently over the bottom of the web content.

A bit of experimenting showed that the tab bar and opaque status bar came back only when the bottom of the window was docked to the Windows taskbar again.

[…]

Oh - weirder and weirder. I maximised and restored again and now it doesn't do that any more! Now the toolbars are there all the time and re-sized rather stutteringly when I changed the window shape.

Bug? Or did I accidentally activate an undocumented UI feature?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.