Right-click non responsive in browser

• I am a first time Vivaldi user and have the most recent 2.2 version running. There does not seem to be a response when right clicking on anything on a website. I saw that this had been an issue with previous versions. Any tips on figuring out what could be happening? I tried re-installing the browser, updating my mac OS, etc etc.

Update
    Pressing down on the track pad and holding with two fingers brings up the right click menu on a page.
    My goal is to have right click as Option-Click.

@jhoughton Which model of Mac are you using and what version of macOS do you have installed? Are you using a MacBook with a Force Touch trackpad? Also, what method are you using to "right-click"?

FYI, the Vivaldi team has been has been reworking their mouse handling code and it broke a bunch of things in version 2.2 on macOS. Vivaldi 2.3 will contain a number of fixes. Ctrl-click is working again and the context menu will even appear on mouse-down. I've also been trying to convince them to get the context menu to appear on mouse-down with other secondary-click methods, when mouse and rocker gestures are disabled. (Still working on this...)

• Same issue here with version 2.2.1388.37 (Stable channel) (64-Bit) on a MacBookPro early 2015, macOS 10.13.6
    Ctrl-click with trackpad doesn't work, no matter if I do that directly on a website or for example on a tab . I wanted to pin a tab and was confused that no context menue shows up when doing this. Then I found out that ctrl-click for context menue doesn't work in every part of Vivaldi, including directly on websites.

It seems to depend what the trackpad options in macOS are, in my case, click with to fingers on trackpad work to show up context menue in Vivaldi, (since these are the settings in the macOS system preferences) but I'm used to do it with ctrl-click and without this, Vivaldi is as good as useless to me.

@peterschoeni You'll be happy to know that Ctrl-click is now working in Snapshot builds and you'll see this soon when Vivaldi 2.3 gets released... and the context menus also appear on mouse-down.

I've also been trying to convince them to get the context menu to appear on mouse-down with other secondary-click methods, when mouse and rocker gestures are disabled. (Still working on this...)

The Vivaldi devs came through for us!!! Coming up in 2.3, if you disable Mouse Gestures and Rocker Gestures, the context menus will appear on mouse-down when you (physically) right-click, like they normally do in other macOS applications, so you will now be able to "right-click / select a menu item / release" and perform the desired function with a single motion.

• @xyzzy @jhoughton

FWIW, upgraded to 2.3.1440.41 today, (February 7, 2019) this afternoon and can confirm 2.3.1440.41 fixes all the right click / control click issues I was having with on the 2.2.x series of the browser.

If for whatever reason you can not upgrade to the latest version I can confirm that right click / control click works on 2.0.1309.29. Every version I tested between 2.0.1309.29 to 2.3.1440.41 has right click issues on macOS 10.13.6

Whomever took the time to resolve this issue on the Vivaldi team I 🎖salute you.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.