(SOLVED) Resetting Sync - Keeping Sync Signed In

• Banned

i would like to complete my information from sync and set it up under a different email and password. help. thanks

@MrGrimm Please contact Vivaldi Support if you need to transfer your Vivaldi Community account to a new mail adress.

• Banned

thank, but got the password figured out. however now just like the last time i used vovaldi every time i close and reopen the browser i have to sigh back into sync. there must be a fix for this since my settings and extensions are the same no matter which browser i'm using, and with chrome cent brave i do not have this issue. thanks

@MrGrimm said in Resetting Sync - Keeping Sync Signed In:

every time i close and reopen the browser i have to sigh back into sync

I can not confirm this. Sometimes the server was down for some updates on Sync, the you have to re-login.

Do you use a special internet service (VPN/Proxy) to connect?

• Banned

@Gwen-Dragon said in Resetting Sync - Keeping Sync Signed In:

every time i close and reopen the browser i have to sigh back into sync

I can not confirm this. Sometimes the server was down for some updates on Sync, the you have to re-login.

Do you use a special internet service (VPN/Proxy) to connect?

the server being down isn't the issue, not if vivaldi is still setup right under the hood. between windows and now linux i've run brave, cent, chromium, chrome, opera, and vivaldi and all except vivaldi stay logged into sync. i'm guessing a lot of times just logged in locally on the other browsers cause their servers went down from time to time without me knowing cause those browsers kept me logged in locally or they kept polling till the server was back up. now while the available features in each browser is what makes them each special in their own way sync should be handled the same under the hood in all chromium based browsers. now that said it's probably some little thing under the hood of vivaldi that doesn't like my privacy settings and logging me out of sync when i close the browser. lets see if we can figure out what it is. thanks

@MrGrimm Please contact Vivaldi support, may be the Sync admin/dev can investigate with you.

• Banned

@MrGrimm Please contact Vivaldi support, may be the Sync admin/dev can investigate with you.

o.k. i'll contact support, but why even have the forums if they aren't for support. might want to take a look at the forums for the other browsers. the idea of the forums is to get help with a issue and then have that solution or solutions available to others that run across the same issue saving others time in resolving their issue.

@MrGrimm The forums are for support, but as you can see i am the only person who answered yet, may be because it is sunday.
    Trust me, i use Sync on all my daily and weekly Snapshots + Stable and i never had such issue. So it must be something special with your installation, i do not now.

But your issue is special so i want to escalate it one level up.
    Please ask the internal support.

@MrGrimm Vivaldi stores your Sync credentials in the password database. If you're clearing passwords, that will clear Sync's password as well and will require you to sign back into Sync again.

• Banned

and that should not be happening. as stated above i've run many chromium based browsers with the exact same setting and exact same extensions and never trhis issue. now if interest i can remove a couple of things for my privaxy and then upload a copy of my profile folder for testing. just let me know. thanks

@MrGrimm Chrome stores its Sync password separately. Vivaldi's implementation is different.

• @MrGrimm These forums do provide support - both from regular users and from Vivaldi volunteers. I have received plenty of support for my issues. If your issue doesn't get resolved immediately after your first post or requires escalation, that's no reason to discount the entire forum.

as stated above i've run many chromium based browsers with the exact same setting and exact same extensions and never trhis issue

Vivaldi is not a 100%-clone of Chromium, so you may have issues.

if interest i can remove a couple of things for my privaxy and then upload a copy of my profile folder for testing. just let me know

Please do so.

• Compress folder as zip or tarball.
    • Report your issue as a bug
    • Wait some minutes
    • Reply to the bug tracker mail
    • Add more information what you have done to check your issue
    • Add the compressed file as attachment so we internal testers can check it

• Banned

as stated above i've run many chromium based browsers with the exact same setting and exact same extensions and never trhis issue

if interest i can remove a couple of things for my privaxy and then upload a copy of my profile folder for testing. just let me know

Please do so.

• Wait some minutes

thanks, much appreciated. give me a couple of hours at least.

• Banned

Please do so.

• Wait some minutes

thanks, much appreciated. give me a couple of hours at least.

actually how about sending a link to my original bug report and i'll just attache it to that report? thanks

actually how about sending a link to my original bug report

You reply to the bugreport mail oft the bug you reported and add more information. That new information will automatically be added to bugtracker.

• Banned

the only emails i've received are from the forum. i did not receive one after i created the bug report like i should of. so if you can please find it anjd post or send in a link to it. thanks

please on another note get the forum fixed not to have issues with vpn's. peeps are going to use vpn's if we chose ro do so. thanks

the only emails i've received are from the forum. i did not receive one after i created the bug report

Please chat with me.

• Vivaldi Team

@MrGrimm : Hi! I've had a look at your bug report. I'm suspecting that one of the extensions you are using is automatically removing saved passwords, which would be causing this issue.
    I'm currently working on a task that will make sync stop relying exclusively on stored passwords, which should fix your issue. Hopefully, that should be made available in a few weeks.

• Banned

@julien_picalausa said in Resetting Sync - Keeping Sync Signed In:

@MrGrimm : Hi! I've had a look at your bug report. I'm suspecting that one of the extensions you are using is automatically removing saved passwords, which would be causing this issue.
    I'm currently working on a task that will make sync stop relying exclusively on stored passwords, which should fix your issue. Hopefully, that should be made available in a few weeks.

kind of what i already figured. i went through the settings to see if i could force vivaldi to keep at least the one cookie like in other chromium and firefox based browsers, but could find nothing. it seem that in other chromium based browsers they automatically keep the cookie for automatic login to their sync, where as vivaldi does not. even with that vivaldi for linux is still far superior than brave or opera. brave should of never been released too many thing wrong with the browser. opera's problem is they chose to do their own store which either missed a lot of extensions, or the creators decided not to post their extensions in the opera store for whatever reason. after reading the following i decided to give vivaldi another look and other than the sync issue have been very happy i did.

https://www.howtogeek.com/250683/the-best-features-of-vivaldi-a-new-customizable-web-browser-for-power-users/

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.