My reported bugs not fixed in Snapshot 2.3.1430.4

• VB-39051 Vivaldi settings page not zoomable - still not fixed, the only page which cannot be zoomed.
    VB-47788 Tab bar disappears on killing full screen video - and this is still not fixed.

Mod Edit: Forked from Better Renaming for Screenshots
    Changed title

• @bib_vivaldi I forked your post as it is off-topic.

The developers have a bug-tracker to know what bugs are fixed or not fixed. We don't need to remind them.

I have a long list of bugs I reported which are not fixed. Some of them go back years.

What the developers want to know about especially is regressions, i.e. bugs that are new after changes made in the latest Snapshot.

• @Pesala There is ZERO feedback. We have no idea whether they ack the bug or reject it.

What is the point in concentrating on only fixing bugs from the last snapshot. All you do is let them accumulate until it gets to a point where the software is just a hideous mess which no one can fix.

There was a post about them rejecting a bug where the menus stop appearing after a while. I do not think they understand that V has to be running for a few days. If they do not reach out for additional info, then the bugs just accumulate.

• @bib_vivaldi said in Bugs not fixed in Snapshot 2.3.1430.4:

There is ZERO feedback.

You receive an email acknowledging your bug-report with the bug number There is feedback when a bug is fixed. The bug-report wizard is closed, but if you really need to know, you can ask on the Bug Status thread. If everyone did like you the Snapshot thread would just be a dumpster, which is not useful at all for finding anything.

Lots of bugs were fixed in the latest snapshot as well as some regressions.

Changelog

• [Regression] Pinned tab expands when closing background tab (VB-47104)
    • [Regression] URL field selection is collapsed in some cases (VB-47428)
    • [Regression] Wrong tab favicons in window panel (VB-47385)
    • [Regression][Linux] After switching windows to another application, any click returns Vivaldi to the foreground (VB-47254)
    • [Mac] Swipe between pages with three fingers not working when using native window (VB-44729)
    • [Developer Tools] Opening links from inspector opens them twice (VB-11330)
    • [Developer Tools] Saving an image doesn’t work (VB-47836)
    • [Extensions] Evernote extension will not accept keystrokes (VB-42683)
    • [Page Interaction] Focus page upon pressing Homepage button (VB-36693)
    • [Page Interaction] Reader settings visible on all tiled pages (VB-47161)
    • [Passwords] Passwords should be visible in Settings (VB-14045)
    • [Quick Commands] Highlight search instead of note after paste (VB-47641)
    • [Settings] Add option to keep last selected search engine (VB-45455)
    • [Tabs] Tabs dragged out of stack to another rejoins first stack (VB-45713)
    • [UI] No close window warning if browser is closed by other means (VB-47549)

Their first priority is fixing bugs; then getting email and mobile done, then adding features.

@bib_vivaldi said in Bugs not fixed in Snapshot 2.3.1430.4:

There is ZERO feedback.

See https://vivaldi.com/blog/a-bugs-life/

The bugtracker does not tell reporters if a bug is closed, rejected etc.
    As i remember such restriction was by software or a internal decision.
    Please contact the official Support to ask for a change.

We have no idea whether they ack the bug or reject it.

Ask me, i am a volunteer tester and can check the state of a bug.

@bib_vivaldi We have all our personal "pet" bugs which should be fixed. 😞

@bib_vivaldi said in My reported bugs not fixed in Snapshot 2.3.1430.4:

VB-47788

Was reopoend a week ago as it reappeared in 2.3.

VB-39051

Closed as larger zoom it can be done with settings for Vivaldi UI zoom

• V up and running for less than 24 hours and still... VB-46818 Vivaldi hangs/unable to open closed tabs - rears its ugly head. All the menu bar menus stop working.

• @Gwen-Dragon VB-39051 being closed.

I'm sorry, but that is a stupid reason.

Every other single page can be resized with Ctrl+-, with the exception of settings.

So if someone wants to change the size of the setting page, they have to go into settings, and then back it out before closing! That is just stupid.

Again, it is the ONLY page where this happens.

And this goes back to feedback.

I complain about this, and never get told it has been rejected.

Mod Edit: There is no need to shout.

• @bib_vivaldi The Welcome Page also cannot be resized.

Check out the source code of the Welcome Page

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
      <head>
        <meta charset="UTF-8" />
        <title>Welcome</title>
        <link rel="shortcut icon" href="../../resources/favicon@2x.png" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="../../style/common.css">
      </head>
      <body>

</body>

<script src="../../util/internalPageUtil.js">
      </script>
    </html>

The Settings Page

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
      <head>
        <meta charset="UTF-8" />
        <title>Settings</title>
        <link rel="shortcut icon" href="../../resources/favicon_settings@2x.png" />
      </head>
      <body style="height:100%; overflow:hidden;">
      </body>
      <script src="../../util/internalPageUtil.js">
      </script>
    </html>

These pages are quite different to other pages, like Help, About, and the source cannot be viewed using the context menu, only with a shortcut.

Every other single page can be resized with Ctrl+-, with the exception of settings.

This "page" is actually a part of the UI - that's why you cannot resize it like other (web) pages. Try unchecking "Open Settings in a Tab" in Settings > Appearance > Window appearance and re-open the settings "page" to see what I mean. The settings page is zoomable along with the rest of the UI. I believe this is by design.

So if someone wants to change the size of the setting page, they have to go into settings, and then back it out before closing!

If that's bothering you, then why don't you set keyboard shortcuts or mouse gestures for the UI zoom? I think that something like [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[+] and [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[-] could be quite useful in this case...

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.