Please wait for Vivaldi to close showing up every time I start it

• A few days ago this problem started. Every time I start Vivaldi, this window saying to wait it to close shows up and I have to click the Force startup button to work. Browser works fine but since it's not regular and pretty annoying, I'd like to know how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

• @anjm18 How long did you wait after closing it before trying to restart it?

How many tabs/windows do you have open?

What is your Vivaldi version and Windows OS version?

• Waiting time doesnt seem to matter, if I start after all night long or start an anon window while there's another regular open, both show up this message.
    Same goes for number of tabs. I normally keep it to a maximum of 3 or 4 tabs and I dont open more than 2 windows.
    Vivaldi version is 2.2.1388.37 and my OS is Windows 8.1

• @anjm18 Some process is not closing down properly.

Windows Task Manager may give you some clue.

Shift+Escape while Vivaldi is running tells you more about each tab or extension process.

• @Pesala Just checked Task Manager, seems like update_notifier and another 2 processes named only as vivaldi.exe are staying in execution even after closing browser. How can I tell which are the processes after I close browser?

• @anjm18
    Hi, check vivaldi://settings > System > Continue running background apps when Vivaldi is closed

Cheers, mib

• @mib2berlin When I follow vivaldi://setting, this directs me for the standard options from vivaldi, but I found a site that showed how to get where you told me by following chrome://settings/search#background. It was turned on, so I uncheked and issue keeps happening when I start it right before closing, so I'll close Vivaldi for a while and check if the issue keeps happening.

• @mib2berlin Issue still happens even after waiting a while and I checked the option, it's still turned off. I'll try exporting my bookmarks, uninstall and making a clean install.

• Clean install seems to have solved the problem for now, when I uninstalled and kept the user configurations, issue came back. Hopefully issue won't come back. Thank you guys for the replies, if issue comes back I'll look for help again.

• @anjm18
    Wrong link, sorry.
    No idea what happen on your system, may other user can help.

Cheers, mib

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.