Youtube not working correctly

• Hi, since yesterday my youtube has been not working correctly, page videos won't load completely, missing buttons, some channels load nothing inside.
    I proceeded to unload all extensions, clean cache, sessions, cookies etc but still have problems.

Channel page:
    Channel

Video Page
    Video

Console for previous video page
    Console

what can I do?

EDIT by ruario

I'm just gonna add this here because it will likely get lost in the wall of responses otherwise. I hope nobody minds my abuse of mod editing abilities.

Ok, it should be fixed now on the stable branch. Let us know if you still have issues and we will look into it further

https://vivaldi.com/blog/minor-update-5-for-vivaldi-2-3/

We will also a fix for this next time we update the snapshot branch, which should be fairly β€˜soon’.

• Videos I watch are accurately being logged in my youtube history so my session is up. Using another browser for now.

• Well, guess it's time to use another browser then...

• Vivaldi Translator

1. The community members are on this forum on their spare time. If no one replies within a day it probably means that those that have something of value to reply with haven't been online.
    2. Youtube is working perfectly fine for me (latest snapshot version, but I haven't had any issues on Youtube with any of the previous versions either). Have you tried to do a complete reset of your profile? If that doesn't work you could try to create a new Vivaldi installation (as standalone if you don't want to uninstall your existing installation first) and see if the issue remains there. Sometimes it happens that installations or profiles get corrupted and weird issues follow.

• I am having the exact same issue. Also disabled all my extensions to test it. Works fine of Microsoft Edge...

• Vivaldi Translator

@Barondando Did you refresh your profile as I suggested above? Or create a new (standalone) installation?

• Hello, have the same problem. Can't load several pop up menus on YouTube and this is only on YouTube. I have tried several other platforms Tweeter, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit and so on and there is no problem there. Only on YouTube.

Updating Vivaldi to last version did not helped. Then uninstalled it and Installed it again, and again nothing happens. The problem remains only on YouTube.

Anyone have any solutions please. I love Vivaldi browser and do not want to change it.

Mod Edit: Fixed typos.

• Same is happening here. Youtube videos don't play. Incredible.

• @Komposten I have try what you suggested and it`s not working again. No profile refresh and no standalone installation helped.

• Nothing useful to add, other than "it works fine for me," and "always provide your OS and Vivaldi version when reporting issues."

Test without extensions, and if it still fails, submit a Bug Report

Bug Reporting Help

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit 1809 build 17763.253 β€’ Snapshot 2.3.1440.4 (64-bit)

• Ambassador

@Jorgeorge Same here.

• I installed Standalone separately, but nothing was improved.0_1548820578900_broken youtube.jpg

• I have found the solution. You have to make a " Full Reset of Vivaldi". I have just tested it and it works. Just you have to be very careful what you delete.

Open your Vivaldi and paste this https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/
    then read every word carefully. One advice copy your "Default" folder just in case something goes wrong ( you can always replace the new Default folder that will be created with your old).

I will start delete some folders to see how can I only remove the YouTube bug because I have too much customization on my Vivaldi to lose.

0_1548875265352_e4720039-44fa-4a75-ab5a-3a9b7cbd8fb4.jpg
    0_1548875277210_2ea67a9e-f53b-429e-b00f-1ad4ecd4f4ca.jpg

Will get back to you if I found the solution only for YouTube bug.

Mod Edit: Fixed typos

• @entsokantelo said in Youtube not working correctly:

I have found the solution. You have to make a " Full Reset of Vivaldi". I have just tested it and it works. Just you have to be very careful what you delete.

That was already suggested earlier in this thread!!

@Komposten said in Youtube not working correctly:

Have you tried to do a complete reset of your profile?

• Ambassador

Sign out of your Google account and retry YouTube; YouTube will work fine. Sign in to you Google account and reload YouTube; YouTube won't work again.

I have found the solution. You have to make a " Full Reset of Vivaldi"

I was experiencing the same problems as the OP since yesterday. Youtube SEEMED to be OK before I logged in, but as soon as I logged in the problems happened.

I already tried doing the "Full reset". I even completely uninstalled Vivaldi and reinstalled a fresh copy of the latest version from the web site. The problem persisted even after all this.

After seeing this latest post, I tried doing the "full reset" again, and this time it is working much better, but there are STILL some strange problems. In the top right, the App and Messaging icons are missing (but they were there before the reset!)

Here is another weird thing. Before I did the full reset, the App icon was not working but when I clicked on it, a dark smudge would appear just below (instead of the drop down). You can see it in the below screen shot. Notice that vertical smudge between the Video and App icons?
    0_1548877508837_dcdf25f0-a399-4199-8d93-3bbf6fb855fc-image.png

I will keep experimenting and add anything else I find. I wonder if YouTube has changed anything in certain regions (or certain accounts!) that is causing this. Everything works fine in Firefox so maybe it's a YT/Chrome issue?

• I just tried logging in with a different account, and everything seems to be working OK. Whatever the problem is, I am reasonably sure it has something to do with our Youtube accounts and Vivaldi.

• @TbGbe said in Youtube not working correctly:

@entsokantelo said in Youtube not working correctly:

I have found the solution. You have to make a " Full Reset of Vivaldi". I have just tested it and it works. Just you have to be very careful what you delete.

That was already suggested earlier in this thread!!

@Komposten said in Youtube not working correctly:

Have you tried to do a complete reset of your profile?

Ok, I have never had a problem with Vivaldi browser and excuse me for not knowing that "Vivaldi Profile reset" and "Full Reset of Vivaldi" is the same thing.

Now the problem is solved with new "Default" folder. Just cut and paste your Default folder somewhere else and restart Vivaldi. It will create new Default folder and after that you will not have that problem with with YouTube, but will lose costumazetion on your Vivaldi that you made so far. (All will be in your cuted Default folder) It works for me, just try it you can always delete new Default folder and copy back old one with your staff to see that the problem will be back.
    (Offtopic: I assume that all here are YouTube video creators, right? πŸ˜‰)

excuse me for not knowing that "Vivaldi Profile reset" and "Full Reset of Vivaldi" is the same thing.

No problem, but if you'd tried his suggestion, you would have realised that.

Just cut and paste your Default folder somewhere else and restart Vivaldi.

Even easier (quicker) - just rename the "Default" folder (e.g. Saved_Default ) πŸ™ƒ

• After doing a full reset, after I log into youtube this is what the top right icons look like. Everything except the video icon is missing.
    0_1548880574809_d87185d8-5693-4b44-9491-f14217f492ab-image.png

If I log in to youtube with my other account, the top right icons appear normal and work correctly.
    0_1548880911315_bd9b95a5-717d-4eb6-b705-6b8320e503cf-image.png

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.