Expandable "back" history

• Why?
    Some pages (malicious and other) mess with history.
    To understand what I'm writing about just browse mobile Facebook version with Chrome and try to go back with Back button.

Sometimes it is just impossible to go back - you got stuck and there is no other way than closing tab and losing its history...

I'd like to have some way to go back a bit more than by 1 "entry" - like with holding Back button on desktop Vivaldi version

edit: oh... I found that Chrome already implements this feature (but it wasn't so obvious) - user has to hold "Back" key to open "back history" menu for current tab

• [Update] It's already implemented in the same way as in Chrome... but there is inconsistency.

Holding "Back" key placed on the toolbar should give same result as holding system "Back" softkey:

Screenshot_2019-09-09-20-19-14.png

• Vivaldi Translator

+1 for adding "hold to show tab history" to Vivaldi's back button. I have disabled the triangle/circle/square bar on my phone, so I cannot access this list by holding the system's back button.

• Vivaldi Team

Hey, this feature is now available in the latest Snapshot.

• @ROTFL said in Expandable "back" history:

edit: oh... I found that Chrome already implements this feature (but it wasn't so obvious) - user has to hold "Back" key to open "back history" menu for current tab

Just FYI, press & hold is the Android equivalent of right-click on the desktop. On the desktop, right-click often brings up the context menu -- the contents of the menu depend upon where you right-click, the "context."

Similar context menus are frequently displayed on Android, unless there is some other function defined for a long press. On most keyboards for Android (in screen, not physical ones) a long press on the letter keys will bring up the relevant context menu for that key (alternative glyphs related to that key).

Hope this helps in discovering functionality in Vivaldi and around Android in general.

• Vivaldi Translator

@jane-n said in Expandable "back" history:

Hey, this feature is now available in the latest Snapshot.

Awesome!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.