Sublevels (sub-bookmarks) for bookmarks

• Make it possible to attach bookmarks to a bookmark like sublevels, like you do to a folder. Folders just take space, an empty line. Say, instead of creating a Folder called "search engines" with bookmarks to Google, Yahoo, Bing ets. I create a bookmark to Google and then add to it other engines as sublevels.
    Frees up space.

@SVGuss That would break the current behaviour, which allows one to open an entire folder of bookmarks at once.

• @Pesala said in Make a Bookmark a Folder:

@SVGuss That would break the current behaviour, which allows one to open an entire folder of bookmarks at once.

Why? Keep the folder behaviour, keep the bookmarks behaviour. Just add option for bookmarks to have sublevels, that's all.
    PS I renamed the topic 🙂 don't know how to say better

• @SVGuss

I can think of many examples where grouping bookmarks into each other would be better than separating them in folders or with spacers. Two of which would be:

• Bookmark to shopping website (top-level bookmark)
      -- Link to item #1 (sub-bookmark)
      -- Link to item #2 (sub-bookmark)
      -- Link to item #3 (sub-bookmark)
      -- Link to voucher page for that shopping site (sub-bookmark)

In that case, the sub-bookmarks would be like a watchlist for that online-shop and also as a reminder to look up voucher codes before purchasing an item.

• Login-Bookmark to eBay (top-level bookmark)
      -- Link to your active auctions (sub-bookmark)
      -- Link to page for withdrawing a bidding (sub-bookmark)
      -- Link to page for solving a problem (sub-bookmark)
      -- Link to page for ending an auction (sub-bookmark)

In this case, the sub-bookmarks would be frequently used pages of eBay or sort of hidden (hard to find) pages.

• @SVGuss said in Sublevels (sub-bookmarks) for bookmarks:

@Pesala said in Make a Bookmark a Folder:

Why? Keep the folder behaviour, keep the bookmarks behaviour. Just add option for bookmarks to have sublevels, that's all.
    PS I renamed the topic 🙂 don't know how to say better

Or simply apply that behavior also to the sub-bookmarks (they will open as well). Or make it optional when using this functionality on a folder.

• @Martin-Storch I agree. Sometimes creating a new folder is just unnecessary.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.