Bookmarks, Panels & Security

• Every time I try Vivaldi, I am unable to import my bookmarks from Opera 12.17 or from my backup directory. Nothing happens. How can I turn off the Panels on the left side? Where is the Delete Private Data as per Opera 12.17 - I need to delete all history, caches, cookies etc every time I shut down. Until these issues are resolved I will have to continue using Opera 12

@sumairp:

Every time I try Vivaldi, I am unable to import my bookmarks from Opera 12.17 or from my backup directory. Nothing happens.
    How can I turn off the Panels on the left side? Where is the Delete Private Data as per Opera 12.17 - I need to delete all history, caches, cookies etc every time I shut down. Until these issues are resolved I will have to continue using Opera 12

Should import your bookmarks and notes from 12.17 if it's in the default directory (did for me). If it's not, maybe you can install it to the default directory location temporarily and remove it again after import if you like.

You can turn the panel off in Tools/settings/panels/panel options or at view/toggle panel

Delete private data is not implemented yet. The best you can do is go to the History tab on Speed Dial and delete private data there.

• Here you go, sumairp, it doesn't say anything about Private Data but try this:-

vivaldi://chrome/settings/clearBrowserData

I'm not sure what you want with the Panels but take a look at:-

vivaldi://settings/appearance

or
    vivaldi://settings/all

or
    click V+Tools+Settings

I imported my old Opera12 bookmarks by clicking:

V+File+Import Data+From+Opera Bookmark File
    then used the File/Open dialog box to pick the Opera12 bookmark.adr file.
    It took a while to import all of the bookmarks but it worked.

• Thanks. I was able to turn off the Panels and finally got the bookmarks imported to a folder called "Imported from" , but now I can't seem to transfer them out of there to the horizontal bookmarks across the top of the screen. They just stay in the Imported From folder. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

You may rename Imported From to anything you like. You may also, in settings, select whatever folder you want to be displayed on the bookmarks bar. (You can do the same with Speed Dial) For instance, I actually named the main folder containing all of my bookmarks "Speed Dial," and set it to display both on the bookmarks bar, and on the startpage (Speed Dial).

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.