Purge specific domain URL from History manager
As of now, the quickest way to do so is via History manager > Filter by domain > pick a Month > Select all > Delete > pick another month, repeat last 3 steps until all matched URL are purged.
My suggestions are:
Add a similar command to Filter by domain in context menu for History manager. It will allow user to delete all URL with exact specified domain.
example: Select an entry with
www.google.com> Purge "www.google.com" to purge all URL with
Add a Delete All Matched Result button in history manager toolbar. This should be useful when combine with Filter by domain command.
IMHO there should be 1 or 2 click solution to make this an easy task. Thanks for your time.
pauloaguia last edited by pauloaguia
Why pick a month? Why not filter over the full history > select all > delete?
@pauloaguia Thanks for the suggestion.
I tried that before with History manager, unfortunately it not only deleted all matched entries, but also every single day's history with matched entries. I lost a ton of history from that time, it just so unexpected & feel so wrong.
I think that's possibly a bug, because when i try it on the History panel, it only deleted the matched entries.
pauloaguia last edited by
It might have been fixed in the meantime. I tried it in the History manager that you can get to from Vivaldi's menu and couldn't replicate what you described - it seems to have only deleted the filtered entries.
Or I'm not understanding properly the steps you're taking to encounter it...
dude99 last edited by
@pauloaguia What OS you have tested?
I'm on Win 8.1 with latest stable Vivaldi.
Just tested again & can confirmed I lost a day of history when select all & delete matched result with LIST view in History manager.
Thanks for your time & support.
Let me illustrate this with pics, with sort by LIST:
if Filter by
store.steampowered.com> Select all > Delete, Vivaldi will delete every DAY's history with matched entry:
To delete ONLY the matched result/entries, one must deselect all DAY entry after Select all command, before execute Delete:
IMHO compare this to sort by Month method, it's actually much more troublesome & more likely to delete full DAY of history by mistake. I'm not sure if this is by design behavior or a bug, & what's the advantage of such behavior in practical usage as a "feature".
I hope Vivaldi dev will revise & improve this behavior if they read this post.