Vivaldi gets stuck on some pages, very slow like frozen
update: after having disaled hardware acceleration and smooth scrolling the problem seemed solved but it's actually NOT COMPLETELY SOLVED.
The browser on some pages still slows down, I can't click the links, scrolling is very slow. Less than having hardware acceleration and smooth scrolling on but the problem is still present. Can the developers take this issue that also many others (look link above) have into consideration?
HellbillyDeluxe last edited by
I've submitted a bug report a while back (VB-47752), but I was told that the developers couldn't reproduce my issue.
But reading this thread, it seems that more people are affected and I don't think that disabling hardware acceleration seems to be the best solution. It's merely a workaround.
But if more people submit a bug report and describe the problem as detailed as possible, maybe the developers will be able to reproduce and eventually fix this problem.
RayAlpha last edited by
freekarol last edited by
I have the same problem too.
harrygrey last edited by
I have had the same problems and searched for a long time until I found the reason:
I used a certain DNS what made this trouble. I changed it to 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 and all was fine. But since yesterday it happens that Vivaldi denied "Ecosia". I changed to the default DNS of my provider (German Telekom)and it was o.k.
tawell last edited by tawell
@harrygrey what dns did you use that you say caused the problem?
harrygrey last edited by
as already written these IP-adresses: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
Cloudflair and Quad9 I think.
I have got it from this German "handbook" https://www.privacy-handbuch.de/handbuch_93d.htm.
Should be very safe. But it was too safe
It did not work correctly.
even with hardware acceleration and smooth scrolling disabled this simple page gets seriously stuck and slows down vivaldi:
mib2berlin last edited by mib2berlin
Hi, this link open in < 1 second on my system.
Some user report anti virus software block Vivaldi partially, Avast and ESET for example, and disable it does not work. They had to uninstall it for testing.
I use Vivaldi on different systems with Linux and Windows and never had these problems.
EDIT: Hardware acceleration enabled on all systems.
i changed the dns to google dns but hardware acceleration and smooth scrolling are still off, i will try for some time and update wether or not there's any permanent improvement, so far i opened two pages where vivaldi got stuck before and this time it didn't.