Vivaldi gets stuck on some pages, very slow like frozen

• @Gwen-Dragon
    Since nothing happens I unfortunately cannot but using the 2.0, because I have to W O R K with it. Other chance is to use Opera with its minimalistic comfort. I trust in my OS and use V 2.0.
    The 2.3 passes me by, because the RSS feed does no more work as well since December 2018. By chance I have found it. But there is no hint that something of our problem is solved.
    Concerning W7 64bit I can now confirm that Vivaldi freezes after pushing the F3-Button several times.

• The issue is back for me again, here's an example site:

https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Resolution-Lossless-Bluetooth-Support/dp/B07L8P8QDY

I'm using Vivaldi 2.3.1440.48 (Stable channel) (64-bit)

• I have this problem too. It happens randomly and can happen on ANY webpage it seems. So far I have seen it happen on random Amazon product pages and some other pages just browsing normally, 99% of the time the browser recovers on its own. But just now, while using the search function (ctrl+f) on Steam wishlist, the entire browser froze completely and was unable to recover and I had to force close the process.

edit: nevermind my ctrl+f example. Seems it's related to another bug that's fixed in the latest .48 build. But I do see those random freezes while browsing.

• And still nothing happens. Apparently the mistake is not to be found. Meanwhile the browser solves the problem itself by switching itself off if you only wait long enough. Version 2.3.1440.61 😞

@harrygrey Hello there,
    The "Find in page" is already fixed. Probably the issue lies on your profile folder. Please, read carefully this article

• @lamarca
    In other words, every time an update comes, I have to expect to delete my profile? That can't be true!
    I have VIVALD running on 8 PCs with different operating systems!
    Independently of this, other users still seem to have this bug.

@harrygrey Absolutely no. You don't have to refresh your profile everytime . Before the release of the Stable, Vivaldi are hardly and daily tested internally and with the periodic public Snapshots.

The find in page issue is fixed. In case you have the crash log file, file a bug: https://help.vivaldi.com/article/reporting-crashes-on-windows/

In case of doubt, don't hesitated to ask us.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused

• @lamarca
    Believe me, I won't give you another error message. I just wait for it to work and use another browser until it works. Thank you for your trial to help me.

@harrygrey The error message is to be sent to the Dev's, not to me. I am sorry about your decision, respectfully.

• Experiencing same issues freezes/not responding 2-5 sec and or 5 -10 sec random sites.

Vivaldi 2.4.1488.38 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    Revision 2640e650a34b63b6befd0c419f417523b8f0ce2b
    OS Windows 10 OS Build 17763.437
    JavaScript V8 7.3.492.27
    Flash (Disabled)
    User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.105 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/2.4.1488.38

Tested in other browsers, no issues at all.
    Hopefully this will be fixed soon, otherwise Vivaldi devs leave me no choice then go back to Firefox/Chrome.

Damn I really was hoping that I finally did found "the" best browser.

• @Excommunicado
    Hi, as this only happen for a few user it has something to do with different systems, mainly GPU, third party anti virus software, extensions and so forth.
    I have Vivaldi on 6 different systems, Windows 7/10 Pro/Home, Linux and have no freeze at all. Sometimes my laptop wait ~ 1sec. before loading but the page load in one rush.
    This only happen on WiFi connection, never on Lan.
    Check on Private Window or refresh your profile temporarily.

Refresh

Cheers, mib

• I also have this problem. If Vivaldi has been in memory for quite some time, certain sites will start to freeze during scrolling. It happens even without any extensions. This is a big annoyance, the Vivaldi team really should fix this. I don't see this problem with Edge (based on Chromium) and Firefox.

• Same issue. Graphics Intel HD. Behind auth. proxy. No other browsers do this. O wad checking on Wireshark and it was showing connection problems to certificate issuers like Comodo or Symantec etc.

• It seems to be issue from Chromium as I found something like this on Chrome. Browser is stuck on establishing secure connection. Chrome no longer has this issue it seems. Only Vivaldi is giving me troubles on this PC.

@mirek-varecha said in Vivaldi gets stuck on some pages, very slow like frozen:

O wad checking on Wireshark and it was showing connection problems to certificate issuers like Comodo or Symantec etc.

Revocation lists? Really directly to certificate issuers? Which URL was retrieved from the issuers?
    On which regular URL does this happen for you?

• Ambassador

So far the only places where Vivaldi goes somewhat slower, is in some websites of Chrome Experiments and some in the FWA, but these are rather because they are very demanding with resources and memory.Even NASA's pages open to me with reasonable speed and this with a low-end laptop.

• I searched the internet and apparently people using Chrome have this issue as well (for me was Chrome OK). I tested also Microsoft Edge (not the new beta Chromium version) and it has the same problem for me. Firefox is working OK.
    I've found on forums that it is actually Windows 10 issue:
    Stuck in Establishing securing connection - CryptSvc loop after fresh Windows install
    Something around corrupted cryptographic service. There are some ways to fix it by changing registry, but I did a factory reset and it fixed the issue for me. As I didn't use MS Edge before and only Vivaldi was giving me this kind of troubles I unjustly thought it is Vivaldi's issue, sorry 😟 .

@mirek-varecha said in Vivaldi gets stuck on some pages, very slow like frozen:

people using Chrome have this issue as well (for me was Chrome OK). I tested also Microsoft Edge (not the new beta Chromium version) and it has the same problem for me. Firefox is working OK.
    Something around corrupted cryptographic service.

Now you know, something is broken on your Windows after a update.

• Yers. The issue is still present for Amazon.com... pages freeze, stuttery scrolling, or very long load times when either scrolling or attempting to access another page. Whereas no issues with Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Edge.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.