"Flashing" browser window using Ver 2.2.1388.37

• Since the last update the browser window flashes or blinks as you prefer meaning once the page is rendered when the browser is initially opened, after a minute or two, the page goes black ( within the browser box ) for a second then re-renders. The page will do this intermittently , several times during a session. It doesn't matter where or what the page is, the behavior is the same. I am unable to recreate the behavior in other browsers ,current versions of Edge, FireFox, Chrome and Opera. I have verified and re installed the latest video drivers and even used a different display, no change. It is reminiscent of video buffering when you're streaming except there is no progress counter. A real head scratcher....

Looks like some hardware accelereation and/or GPU VSync setting.

I am not able to guess which

• Windows version/build
    • graphics hardware an drivers
    • chipset drivers and BIOS is latest

• @Gwen-Dragon That was what I was thinking. I updated the NVIDA graphics engine drivers. The Windows is 10 Pro 1803 Build 17134.472. I looking in all the places you can set hardware acceleration, no luck so far.

@markrfrederick Check this - vivaldi://settings/webpages/ for Hardware Acceleration
    and/or
    Open vivaldi://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist , set Enable and Restart.

• I have the same flashing.

Vivaldi 2.2.1388.37 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    Win 10 OS Version: 10.0.17763
    NVIDIA driver: 417.35

• I ran nvidia 417.01 for some days, problem gone... upgraded back to 417.35 and its back.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.