Customize vivaldi

1. I would like to have a larger (wider) search engine field below right the address field. Where can I customize that. 2) Using native window as layout - i would like to have another color for the background - I do not like the gray for personal bar, tabs, menu, panels ands so on. Where can I do it? 3) I would like to have smaller tabs on my right side - the preview image should not be that high. 4) I would like to have my personal bar entries at the bottom of Vivaldi centered instead of being placed on the left side. Will this be kept for future releases ?

1 - You can drag the separator between the address field and search field to adjust the size.

rest - For now only achievable by tweaking the interface CSS.
    https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/3073-vivaldi-ui-customisations

• @An_dz:

1 - You can drag the separator between the address field and search field to adjust the size.

rest - For now only achievable by tweaking the interface CSS.
    https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/3073-vivaldi-ui-customisations

Thank yo. However with every new update I have to update the appropriate css and to inlude the import file. That is a way I do not like because maybe this will not be the only file to be changed (I do not know the structure of Vivaldi and wherever else customization takes place too).

So I do hope for final solutions for all bars and panels to be customized via drag/drop (like Opera < 15).

Well, I just move my css from the old installation to the new and add the import. So far never needed to update my css.

• @An_dz:

Well, I just move my css from the old installation to the new and add the import. So far never needed to update my css.

Same here

• @An_dz:

So can you please explain more detailed?

• the per-site user CSS ? where did you moved it to? And how you tell Vivalid to use the specific CSS for the page? In Opera there was a ini file to save site settings.
    • the global user CSS which could be set in Opera by dialog?

I was not talking about UserCSS, I was talking about the CSS that changes the Vivaldi UI. As you originally asked on how to modify the UI and I answered to use a custom.css.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.