Vivaldi crashes when closing the last open tab in a window + Sync everytime I open the app

• Any progress on this issue?

• 2.3.1440.61 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    • 1Password 7.2.5
    • 1Password Extension 4.7.3.90

• Workaround: I avoid the error by enabling the "Don't Close Window with Last Tab" setting in the Tabs area.

@langtind Thanks for asking. Last I checked, the devs were actively investigating a few different crash-on-close bugs. Has anything changed for you (for the better or worse) since 2.4 got released?

• @xyzzy Nothings changed with 2.4.

@mjsagert Thanks for the tips, will change the browser's behavior to this as it solves the most annoying bug for me.

• One thing I noticed is that if you close the window (with one or more tabs) by clicking the close button (red button in the upper left corner), Vivaldi doesn't crash. Closing the last tab by clicking either the close button on the tab itself or by using keyboard shortcut (cmd+w) crashes the app.

Not sure if this information is useful for the devs, but it doesn't hurt to point it out 🙂

• I just reported this bug to 1password to see what the status of their bug fix was. An engineer responded saying that the extensions works with all other chromium variants and believes it is a problem with Vivaldi.

😕

Edit: Now I notice that Vivaldi didn't reload the page after said crashes and I missed a lot of new posts. So this is probably stale/moot. Sorry.

• Hello,

I'm having this crash as well. I'm using 2.5.1525.40 (Stable channel) (64-bit) on MacOs 10.14.2 (18C54) with 1password 7.2.5 (70205004).

It happens whenever I close a window (not tab). Also happens with popups (window.open()).

It crashes if I press the red X button to close the window.
    It does not crash when I close the window by pressing Command+W.

Let me know if you need me to send any extra details.

Kindly, konchanet

• After upgrading to MacOs 10.14.5 (18F132) I don't have the issue anymore...

• Community Manager

@langtind @rojo @seecoolguy @ChrisDailyGrind @smurf @lipo2lipo
    Thanks for sharing all these insights and sorry for the trouble. Is this issue still happening with Vivaldi latest stable version 2.5 ?
    VB-number to follow is: VB-47521

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.