DevTools and using Vivaldi for web development/web production work

I think Vivaldi has great potential for becoming a favored browser for web developers and web content producers. For one thing, the idea of packing more features into a core browser as Opera12- did, rather than relying on less-trusted outside parties for extensions, is a plus for professional site management work. There are features one [i]wants[/i] available even when you're on a secure site, so just disabling extensions for secure sites isn't adequate. But using extensions on secure sites is, of course, problematic. By the time an extension gets [url=https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/blocked/]blacklisted[/url], either due to it being [url=http://www.pcworld.com/article/2049540/malicious-browser-extensions-pose-a-serious-threat-and-defenses-are-lacking.html]malicious[/url] from the start or it being [url=http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/01/malware-vendors-buy-chrome-extensions-to-send-adware-filled-updates/]sold off by the original author to an adware/malware company[/url] that makes a malicious update, it may have already compromised your WordPress or Drupal admin/editor account or whatever. For on-the-job work, it's a serious concern. That said, the DOM inspector and other DevTools inherited from Chromium could use improvement/augmentation. I realize it would be a lot of work, because it'd either mean mucking around with the Chrome DevTools code or starting from scratch for at least some of the panels and writing in functionality that would interact with pages in complex ways, and may be a lower priority because it's a minority of overall web browser users that even use those. However if it [i]is[/i] undertaken, better dev tools could be a very compelling draw for many people in Web lines of work. To that end, [url=https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/3447-what-is-stopping-you-from-using-v-all-the-time?start=60#27797]I posted in another thread[/url] the following wishlist if items that have bearing on using the browser for website work: [table] [tr] [td][size=2]> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >[/size][/td] [td] [ul] [li][size=2]- Detailed per-site preferences (including CSS)[/size][/li] [li][size=2]- UserJS (unless that's possible already? Not documented, at any rate...)[/size][/li] [li][size=2]- Allowance of bookmarklet buttons.[/size][/li] [/ul] [size=2][In the DevTools:][/size] [ul] [li][size=2]- [strike]Search-by-word filtering of invoked CSS statements and computed style values for the selected element[/strike] (and for that matter, simultaneous display of both CSS rules that apply to the selected element and computed CSS values in one pane, as Opera Dragonfly had it. [b]Edit: It has a filter field. Either that was later added or I was blind. It's currently above the CSS list in Vivaldi, and below it in current Chrome, suggesting different DevTool versions[/b][/size][/li] [li][size=2]- Realtime (truly realtime, as in "as you type") results as you edit elements' HTML in the DOM panel like Opera 12's Dragonfly did;[/size][/li] [li][size=2]- Saner display of content in the element inspector without extraneous quotation marks,[/size][/li] [li][size=2]- Buttons like Dragonfly element inspector's: expand/collapse DOM tree, export the current DOM panel, toggle on/off click element to inspect, toggle on/off highlight selected element, toggle on/off Update DOM when node is removed[/size][/li] [li][size=2]- etc. -- Seriously, just compare the "Documents" panel (DOM + Style/Properties/Layout/Listeners/Search) of Opera Dragonfly side-by-side with the Chrome DevTools's Element Inspector (used by Vivaldi).[/size][/li] [/ul] [/td] [/tr] [/table] So what I'm curious is: [i]Is[/i] there any long-term intention of altering/supplementing the DevTools inherited from the Chromium base? (Again, I realize it may be a low priority both due to the difficulty and to the fact that most web browser users don't need it. On the other hand, the Vivaldi team is already aiming to attract users who want a richer feature set baked-in, so it could be a significantly bigger portion of the userbase than for some other browsers.)

One thing I noticed, that I confess to liking about the Chrome DevTools over Dragonfly: The DOM and CSS inspectors still work even if Javascript is turned off, whereas Dragonfly would give a message of "This window has no runtime".

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.