Problem with pinning

• When I try to pin Vivaldi 1.0.190.2 to the taskbar (Win10 build 10130) it creates a new icon on taskbar (that is a little bit bigger than the "original" one). Opening Vivaldi from the pinned icon opens a new icon also. [img]http://s12.postimg.org/z757rxzq1/Unbenannt.png[/img] pinned at the left, opened window at the right. I know about using Win10 as prerelease/alpha software but Vivaldi is the only application that has this strange behaviour. That's why I think that it is an error of Vivaldi and not Win10...

@Em-a-il:

When I try to pin Vivaldi 1.0.190.2 to the taskbar (Win10 build 10130) it creates a new icon on taskbar (that is a little bit bigger than the "original" one). Opening Vivaldi from the pinned icon opens a new icon also.

pinned at the left, opened window at the right.

I know about using Win10 as prerelease/alpha software but Vivaldi is the only application that has this strange behaviour. That's why I think that it is an error of Vivaldi and not Win10…

My Windows 10 IP build 10130 doesn't have that problem. But then, the only way I put programs on the task bar is by pinning the already-opened program. I never pin with the program closed. If remove the taskbar icon, open the program and then pin it while open, that might fix it.

• That's how I do it also.
    But it doesn't work for me…

• This problem is still present, and it doesn't only affect Windows 10 RTM - the same thing also happens in Windows 7.

Additionally, I had 32-bit Vivaldi installed at first, and later switched to 64-bit version. However, if I try to pin the running (64-bit) Vivaldi, the pinned icon points at (now non-existent) 32-bit install, so the next time I try to run Vivaldi from the icon that was pinned this way, Windows informs me that the application doesn't exist and asks if I want the icon removed.

• I had the same problem with Windows 10. I fixed it by unpinning the Vivaldi icon, closing Vivaldi so nothing Vivaldi was running. Then launching Vivaldi from the start menu/search bar. I then pinned the Vivaldi that was running and it was fixed!

• @ender`:

… Additionally, I had 32-bit Vivaldi installed at first, and later switched to 64-bit version. However, if I try to pin the running (64-bit) Vivaldi, the pinned icon points at (now non-existent) 32-bit install, so the next time I try to run Vivaldi from the icon that was pinned this way, Windows informs me that the application doesn't exist and asks if I want the icon removed.

I bug-reported this class of problem as VB-10711. See also my comment in another thread: https://vivaldi.net/forum/vivaldi-browser/7136-doubled-icon-on-taskbar#40888 . To fix it, you have to right-click the Task Bar icon, select Properties, and manually edit the Target and Run-in boxes to point to the correct Vivaldi.exe file and folder.

From your description, it seems the problem may even exist with regular Vivaldi installations, not just stand-alone types like I was dealing with.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.