A Friday update – Vivaldi Browser snapshot 1388.21

• Community Manager

One last Snapshot before the weekend. Enjoy!

Click here to see the full blog post

• it has been a very nice week

• @iAN-CooG Oh yes! Does Vivaldi team still has time to decorate the Christmas tree? 🌲 ➡ 🎄

• @Takaaki Thanks a lot, we checked the snapshots toiling a lot too. 🙂
    Keep in mind the thumbnail option of image lists in tabs...

• Big thank you for fixing: Often cannot print a webpage (VB-46547) 👍🏻

• @Takaaki

Hello,
    VB-46359, (Reload button on address bar does not change to (Stop Reload button) while the page is loading), has been fixed.
    Running snapshot 1388.21 on Windows 8.1 64bit.
    Thank you
    Regards
    Raed

• Hi, does anyone knows how to change download path manually?

@kenedz Type it in Settings, Download, Download Location.

Vote for Browse Buttons in Settings to make it easier to select.

• You guys are amazing.

• @pesala: it is not possible - still broken; i thought: is possible edit one of the prefs files (such as Preferences, via Notepad++) to change download location?

@kenedz Right. I had forgotten about that bug. That's the joy of using Snapshots.

• I get frustrated and irritated by some peculiar and annoying inconsistencies with the browser. I cannot put my finger on them and, in the end, they are not critical just really, really disturbing and annoying!
    For example: I have organized my speed-dial in folders containing urls. I go to one of the folder tile and press the mouse middle button (wheel), then every url in the folder opens in a new background tab, i.e. the browser displays the correct behavior. After a while I press another speed-dial folder tile the same way: nothing happens, no url opens in the background as it should - if I want that, I have to use the context menu item "open all bookmarks"! I reload the speed-dial and still the same behavior, then I exit and re-open the browser and...by pressing the mouse middle button on the exact same - as before - folder tile everything works OK. Remark: there is no problem when the middle mouse button is clicked on a SINGLE url tile.
    I'm clicking a link in a page: it works OK but then I click on another one and...nothing, instead I find two or three sentences highlighted like they are selected. I'm clicking the left mouse button on an empty browser area to get rid of this selection and re-click on the link: everything OK!
    I'm opening a new page and it works just fine, then I'm opening a new page (not a link from the same page) and...I read "site cannot be reached, check internet connection" but then again in a split second the page loads like it should!
    Most of the times loading of the pages seems to be delayed, I have to wait for a couple of seconds before I can select text and even longer before a link is activated.
    This behavior is inconsistent: now it happens, now it doesn't - most of these inconsistencies are mouse related. I believe that every new customization ends-up affecting the mouse.

@nutcracker Have you tried Ctrl+Click instead of Middle-click?

My MMB is useless anyway, but I had no problem at all using Ctrl+Click to open a speed dial folder of bookmarks in the background.

• @pesala: Thanks for the suggestion but...I just hate using the keyboard for any reason, except for "life or death" situations! My sole purpose is to eliminate it completely, if possible. I use the mouse extensively and utilize every piece of software I can get my hands on, i.e. mouse button programming, profile switching, clipboard assignments etc., to simulate keyboard strokes. My first, and sometimes only, concern using a browser is mouse gestures and that's why I get frustrated every time they are broken, as it happens with almost every new Vivaldi version! Besides that, the other inconsistencies I mentioned are driving me mad - and, in addition to those, some sites (pages) just refuse to open!

@nutcracker Right-click on the Folder, Open All Bookmarks should work for you, then.

0_1544227262933_Open All Bookmarks.png

• @nutcracker Never experienced those inconsistencies you describe, you sure your mouse is ok and the middle-button is not broken somehow? Also if you get so frustrated and irritated by snapshots, which... are supposed to be broken and rough here and there, as they are -by definition- not intended for every day use but mainly for showing off new features, testing and bug reporting, maybe you should re-think using the Stable version of Vivaldi instead, which I believe has not those problems you describe.

• @kenedz: I'm on a Mac, but in Vivaldi/Default/ there is a file called "Preferences". In this file there is the download path listed. With a search you directly find it and you may edit the string.

• I'm this snapshot I'm noticing some unresponsiveness when using the dev tools, but only when docked to a page.

Notably, just after a breakpoint is hit, the dev tools go unresponsive for a few seconds.

• @Thot Thanks, solved. I had to add "default_directory":"C:\my_path" to "download" in my Preferences file. After clean installation of Vivaldi there was no such a variable. I think it is added after change its value.

• Does anyone else experience lagginess during scrolling? Seems to happen with Smooth scrolling both enabled and disabled.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.