Further regression fixes – Vivaldi Browser snapshot 1388.6

• Vivaldi Team

Today we have further fixes for recent regressions and a minor Chromium bump.

Click here to see the full blog post

Whoa:)

• On starting this snapshot for the first time after updating I was left with a number of pinned speed dial tabs that were not there when I closed Vivaldi to update.

However on subsequent restarts everything is fine. I'm guessing that was an issue with the last snapshot then (These snapshots are coming so fast I had never got around to actually restarting the last snapshot).

• Thanks, waiting also for the fix for opening Speed Dial folders using middle-click 🙂

• @npro Yeah, I thought the fix for VB-46914 would correct that, but apparently it doesn't weeping

• Cool, another snap.
    Waiting fix for vivaldi://history "week issue" 😃

• So i updated to this version, skipping these with known issue that caused toolbar buttons to disappear... And my buttons are now gone = this bug IS NOT resolved yet.

I had opened 2 windows during upgrade and I had removed home button and quick back/forward button as my customization.

• @hadden89 said:

Waiting fix for vivaldi://history "week issue"

Was fixed a liiittle bit too late for this snapshot - it should be in the next one if it has no nasty side effects.

• @jacekn said:

So i updated to this version, skipping these with known issue that caused toolbar buttons to disappear... And my buttons are now gone = this bug IS NOT resolved yet.

Did you try to reset those?
    Settings > Appearance > Toolbar Customisations

• Help me, please

Last 3 or 4 builds with this problem. http://joxi.ru/4AkaBxFy91wemq

Opera, Firefox, Edge, IE, Chrome work fine. I have the latest flash on Win10 1803.

Why did Vivaldi stop use flash?

• @lonm said:

However on subsequent restarts everything is fine. (...) (These snapshots are coming so fast I had never got around to actually restarting the last snapshot).

Occasional real shutdowns of browser and OS are a good thing :p

• @aplan Vivaldi hasn't stopped supporting Flash at all, for now, it will be removed from Chromium starting next year anyway.
    For now, go https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and get the PPAPI (make sure it says in the download url: FP_32_for_Opera_and_Chromium_-_PPAPI) and install it. After that restart Vivaldi and you should see the new version in the help/about.
    Latest is 32.0.0.101
    Since few updates, Chromium checks if you have the VERY latest version installed, else it disallows using it. Update often, until the support is totally gone.
    Flash is already a dead horse, no point in beating it anymore.

• @Hadden89 But I'm still waiting for thumbnails in tab with directory having images inside. With a toggle, of course.

• @ian-coog: Thanks for the solution! It works. Nice. 🙂

• Thank you for fixing the Speed Dial bug where middle clicking items would not work.

• @npro, @Rexfahrer: You are using Windows or macOS, correct? A follow-up issue VB-47004 has been created to make it work for folders every time. Currently middle click on SD folder only works after middle click on normal item. Do you mean this issue and can you confirm the workaround works for you?

• [Regression] Cannot open Speed Dial entries using middle click (VB-46914)

I was wondering why my webmail wasn't opening (I usually middle-click on it when I'm logging in the do work so it opens in a background tab). Today was the first day I figured out why that was happening. Thanks for fixing it. 🙂

• I wonder if it's only me:

1. It happens often: when opening a page I get an initial message that it cannot be reached (like there is no internet connection) and then, after a second or two...it loads normally.
    2. Links on a page are delayed, i.e. they are clickable after only after a few seconds, not immediately.
    3. When pressing mouse on a link, I don't have an immediate reaction - instead sometimes it seems that a whole text paragraph is selected and when the link is clicked again, everything goes back to normal.

• @wojcieche Yes, I'm using Windows 7 64bit, the workaround does work for me.
    Thanks for that information.

• @nutcracker

1. This happens to me also. I'm mentioning it las few builds. After while it get pretty annoying. Always waiting for loading page. Opera is super fast for me in this way. Every action is immediately.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.