Typing URL in address bar, bad behaviour when selecting up/down items

• When we type a URL in the address bar, we are presented with the suggested full addresses from our bookmarks, searches, history.

There is a bad behaviour of Vivaldi that often puts my carret, the I cursor, back at the start of the address bar, leftmost, where the http protocol is.
    Instead of staying at the end, rightmost, which for me is the most usual position, always (Opera presto).

As it seemed quite inconsistent it’s not always, I analysed today exactly what happens and I see why it felt completely random:

When I press the down arrow key to go down in the list of suggestions, the text cursor goes rightmost (good).
    But when I press up arrow key (which often happens because I always go back and forth before finding what I look for), the text cursor goes to the start leftmost part of the address bar.

Which is very inconvenient because I usually go for this or that URL from the suggestions but then I often Ctrl+Backspace, change the end of the URL.
    But then I realise that my text cursor, is not where I thought it was.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.