Cannot play Spotify

• Hi,

I want to play Spotify using the browser on a RPi 3B+.

I followed the raspberry pi instructions. It allow me to log in and Spotify looks very normal. I attempt to play a song, the song info appears at the bottom left corner and it attempts to play. No sound is outputted, the song timer does move off 0:00, and after a number of seconds, i get the error message "Oooops, something went wrong with the playback".

I've attempted to reboot the RPi, i've chosen multiple songs, and different audio outputs but i always get the error message.

I ran the script that downloads the ChromeOS image, and extracts Widevine and Flash binaries for Linux ARMhf. I did this on a computer, and transferred them to my RPi. I ran the command, "sudo tar -C/ -xf $ARCHIVE_NAME" to copy the files to the RPi.

The files can be found in:
    /opt/google/chrome/libwidevinecdm.so
    /opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so

The article isn't clear whether Spotify and Tidal requires a User-Agent change, so i installed "User-Agent Switcher for Google Chrome". I created the user-agent "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 10895.56.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.102 Safari/537.36".

I increased the size of the swap file using the command, "echo CONF_SWAPSIZE=2048 | sudo tee -a /etc/dphys-swapfile".

And installed the HTML5 Propriety Media using the command, "curl -L vvld.in/lm64a|tail -c+1073|tar CxJ ~ --wildcards *libffmpeg.so --xform 's,.*/,.local/lib/vivaldi/,'". When i go to the audio test site, everything plays except for .CAF.

Have i done everything correctly or have i misunderstood?

Thanks

• Vivaldi Team

@vivaldiUser33 said in Cannot play Spotify:

I want to play Spotify using the browser on a RPi 3B+.
    I followed the raspberry pi instructions.

Those instructions state:

If you need to access websites using Encrypted Media Extensions (.e.g. Spotify) or sites that use Flash (e.g. Tidal), you can extract Widevine and Flash binaries for Linux ARMhf from ChromeOS recovery images.

Note my added emphasis on armhf (a.k.a. ARM 32-Bit). All the ChromeOS recovery images that I have seen are 32-bit, not aarch64 (a.k.a. ARM 64-Bit). Thus those libs (“/opt/google/chrome/libwidevinecdm.so” and “/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so”) are 32-bit and will not work on a 64-Bit OS.

And yet I see that you ran this command:

And installed the HTML5 Propriety Media using the command, "curl -L vvld.in/lm64a|tail -c+1073|tar CxJ ~ --wildcards *libffmpeg.so --xform 's,.*/,.local/lib/vivaldi/,'

“lm64a” is the link to 64-Bit ARM proprietary media. What is the architecture of your distro? If 32-Bit, use the command for 32-Bit. If 64-Bit you are using the correct command for proprietary media but you won't get Spotify running anyway because you need a source for 64-Bit ARM Widevine and I am not (currently) aware of one.

If you know where to get 64-Bit ARM Widevine but need help extracting it or anything like that, I am of course happy to help.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.