Email url - problem

• I am getting this -
    Failed to load extension
    File
    ~
    Error
    Manifest file is missing or unreadable
    Could not load manifest.

When trying to load the extension. The icon is on the bar but doesn't seem to work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Please give us the URL of the extension.
    Which error is shown in Extension Manager (Ctrl+Shift+E) after installing?

• @Gwen-Dragon Not sure where the URL is but the id is mekllbldjjejnkmomdclgkomcnlbddfj

There is no error showing in the display of the extensions loaded under (ctrl+shift+e)

Sorry, I am not familiar with extensions, in chrome, which I used before Vivaldi, they worked.

• @barrym So you are trying to use the extension called "Send URL by Email"?
    I could install it from the chrome webstore but it doesn't work and my guess why it probably won't unless the vivaldi mail integration is done is because vivaldi can't handle mailto yet.

I concluded this only by reading the extension text (see below) so I might be wrong

"This extension adds a button to the toolbar which allows you to send the webpage URL via email, using the default email client application (e.g. Outlook)."

• @zaibon Thanks, but I read that as meaning "your mail client (e.g.outlook)"

If you look at vivaldi://extensions it shows the send url by email one but it fails to mention that the maillto code is not (yet?) written??

@barrym said in Email url - problem:

If you look at vivaldi://extensions it shows the send url by email one but it fails to mention that the maillto code is not (yet?) written??

You see that Vivaldi can not test all extensions for their correct function.
    That is the job of the extension author.

• @Gwen-Dragon Yep, understood, but it is a Chrome import and it worked in Chrome. Admittedly Vivaldi is Chrome engine based, not Chrome.

Anyway, I'll be sticking with Vivaldi. Thanks

@barrym Vivaldi is not based on Chrome, some code is based on Chromium, but Vivaldi has not all functions of Chromium implemented.

I hope using the extension may work after the Vivaldi got its mail client.

But feel free to report the malfunction of the extension to the Vivaldi devs.
    How?
    Please read how to Report a bug for Vivaldi carefully and then report the bug to Vivaldi bugtracker.

• @Gwen-Dragon I did say Chrome Engine....

However, I had another look around and discovered the"Send URL" extension, which works!! In fact I think it was this extension I used in Chrome, not the "Send URL by Email" one.

Problem solved.

@barrym Vivaldi has the Chromium code without the Google Chrome features. That is why i call Vivaldi a Chromium Browser.

Thanks for answering.
    Nice to hear you solved your issue with an other extension.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.