Upgrading to new version Vivaldi - how to import bookmarks, etc., to from old version?

• I've searched for this information. Seems like a basic need. Don't see this option on the import window. I suppose I could move the data to a new location, if I had the file locations for both source and target. Can anyone help - and shouldn't this be posted somewhere? Is there a help wiki or the like somewhere? Shouldn't there be - just to conserve resources, facilitate adaptation of newbies, etc.? Thanks! Tom

@TomCloyd:

I've searched for this information. Seems like a basic need. Don't see this option on the import window. I suppose I could move the data to a new location, if I had the file locations for both source and target.

Can anyone help - and shouldn't this be posted somewhere? Is there a help wiki or the like somewhere? Shouldn't there be - just to conserve resources, facilitate adaptation of newbies, etc.?

Thanks!

Tom

In the process of upgrade, the old version should simply be replaced by the new, with all of your settings and user data intact.

What platform are you on, and what is happening rather than a standard upgrade?

• My OS is Kubuntu 14.04.1

I installed Vivaldi_TP3.1.0.162.9-1_i386.deb earlier today. The exec command is /usr/bin/vivaldi-preview %U

I have just installed vivaldi-snapshot_1.0.178.2-1_i386.deb. The exec command is /usr/bin/vivaldi-snapshot %U

The 178 version launches with no knowledge of the 162 version that I can detect, which is a problem.

Thanks for your help!

======

UPDATE:

I hadn't thought to check in the import data dialog of the snapshot version. In the TP3 version, there was no option to import from vivaldi, but there WAS in the snapshot version. Pretty tricky!

And it looks like it got it all - bookmarks, history, etc. Super.

I believe this solves my problem.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.