Accessing installed extensions

• It is far from obvious to me how to get the functionality of an installed extension when there is no icon to click. Icon clicking is the convention. I have LastPass working (which is essential), but any number of other extensions, once installed, must have a visible icon to click to access their functionality - so far as I can see. An example: the very popular and useful Tabs Outliner extension. I've search for a solution and not found one. Any ideas?

@TomCloyd:

It is far from obvious to me how to get the functionality of an installed extension when there is no icon to click. Icon clicking is the convention. I have LastPass working (which is essential), but any number of other extensions, once installed, must have a visible icon to click to access their functionality - so far as I can see. An example: the very popular and useful Tabs Outliner extension.

I've search for a solution and not found one. Any ideas?

The extension manager, such as it is so far, is found at vivaldi://extensions.

There is no support for extension UI elements like buttons and menus yet, but that will be coming.

• Thanks for the very quick response!

Any idea when this feature might arrive? Is there a prioritized list of features in development, anywhere?

Turns out, no, and no. Don't know when extension support will show up, and there is no prioritized list (and never will be if history is any gauge) of which features have priority.

We have been told that the next major version will be a Beta, however, rather than a Technical Preview, and so I would imagine most basic browser features would be seen in that "next major" version - which, again if past is prologue, should arrive by the end of June or mid-July latest. It is my GUESS that Beta will have extensions, private browsing and probably mail. This is just the guess of a user that adopted Vivaldi the day after it was introduced, and that is somewhat familiar with the working style of Jon and his teams, having been a very involved Opera user since version 6.

• Thanks! A terrific response. I too am a former Opera user who is returning, both to get away from Firefox's incessant instability and memory leaks, and Chrome's intolerable slowness in launching and shutting down, and simply unbelievable memory leaks. I'm desperate for a decent browser right now, and hope the Vivaldi team can pull it off!

t.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.