Site cannot be reached (New problems)

• After months of using a nice browser and kicking chrome and edge into touch, I've started having issues downloading and opening new sites. For example this morning I tried to access ccleaner site which timed out and refused to load. When i eventually got on the site I hit the download button and it didn't download, no error, just didn't download. Tried to get on the Vivaldi site and it timed out. So loaded Edge up and everything perfect. Any ideas?0_1541418326314_Capture.PNG 0_1541418341675_Capture2.PNG

modedit title

• Do you use :

• extensions
    • a proxy or vpn

• No, it's a fresh install on a new windows 10pro machine. The problem seems to be intermittent as it's working ok. But not had a good experience with it this morning.

• Can't reproduce the issue. Extension AV, Firewall?
    PD I use Glary Utilities, better than Ccleaner

• Like I said, I have no extensions, I've set my windows firewall to allow Vivaldi, my antivirus is defender. And the problem has just happened again, I clicked the home button which I've set to Google.co.uk and there is a lengthy pause and then the error message, it eventually comes up ok. Really annoying! Edge is fine on this machine. 0_1541424566056_Capture3.PNG

• @catweazle said in New problems:

Glary Utilities

I've also noticed that if I click the Site Info Icon on the address bar, I get a pop saying "Your connection to this site is not secure"
    But eventually it will load the page.

• @richardjg said in Site cannot be reached (New problems):

@catweazle said in New problems:

Glary Utilities

I've also noticed that if I click the Site Info Icon on the address bar, I get a pop saying "Your connection to this site is not secure"
    But eventually it will load the page.

??? Not so here, all green

Imgur

Same in the download page of Glarysoft, Filepuma, where you can download safely also other Windows soft if you like.

Imgur

• HI,
    I have no idea why this works but I found that if you go to "services" in Task Manager and go to "CrySvc" file and right click and hit "stop" everything starts to work ok again. Only thing is it keeps turning back on by itself. Anyone know how to permanently turn it off?

• @coolmauistuff said in Site cannot be reached (New problems):

HI,
    I have no idea why this works but I found that if you go to "services" in Task Manager and go to "CrySvc" file and right click and hit "stop" everything starts to work ok again. Only thing is it keeps turning back on by itself. Anyone know how to permanently turn it off?

There is a CryptSvc that should be running under Task Manager > Services, but CrySvc is not a normal Windows service. The CryptSvc service is the Windows cryptographic service used to encrypt/decrypt things on the system (including website certificates). You really don't want to keep that service turned off, or you'll have a lot of other problems decrypting passwords, enabling https sites, etc.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.