How to image toggle default? And page zoom default?

• Hello everyone, By default, I want every new tab to only show "cached imaged only" and have a zoom of 200%. But it seems I can only do this on a page by page basis, and can't make it a universal setting. Is there a way? The old Opera has an option in the setting panel where you can choose how it handles images, but I don't see any similar setting in Technical Preview 3. Thank you for your help!

The developers are aware such options are wanted by several users, but they are not available yet.

• Hello,

I just want to confirm to anyone who is following this topic that in the latest version 1.0.279.3, there is still no option to set "cached images" or "no images" as the default for every new tab.

Also, it appears that the "cached images only" option is now broken, and does't work. Even with it enabled, every website displays its images as normally.

• Still broken in the beta.

Images are set to "show cached only" but they load anyway on any webpage.

Can anyone confirm?

• I would say that it works if the target URL is opened within the same tab (for which the setting has been defined).

It seems however, that a "child" tab - when used/created - is not inheriting this setting.

• Thanks for your reply.

I just checked again.

1. Open a new tab
    2. Click the button in the bottom right
    3. Set it to display "No Images"
    4. Visit a website I've not visited before, let's say…. bing.com
    5. Page loads normally, with all images.

So it's not working at all here. Not even in parent tab or child tab. Nothing. It's completely broken.

• Can someone please help? thank you

These settings only work on current page (or for zoom, per-domain) at this time.

• Yes, but the problem is, they don't work AT ALL. Even on a per-page or per-tab basis.

It's completely broken on my machine.

1. Open a new tab
    2. Click the button in the bottom right
    3. Set it to display "No Images"
    4. Visit a website I've not visited before, let's say…. bing.com
    5. Page loads normally, with all images.

I only works for the page you are actually already on - at least that's the way it is, here. If you go to another page, even in the same tab, images come back.

• Still no progress on this topic ? Without the option to set image mode by default the current toggling button is generally useless. I'm waitnig for this feature for a long time.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.