If You Were Boss, Would the Greenhouse Gas Rules Be Approved?

• @lkoehn:

If you were older and brighter

If you don't have anything else to say…

@lkoehn:

Commander in Cheif of the most powerfully military

accepted, and thats the only position that a president actually should have. One might argue again that the US's obsession with playing world police is another issue but well, we are not discussing that.

@lkoehn:

the leader of your party to set policy in the congress

Aaand thats exactly where stuff turns strange to say the least. It is definitely not the job of the president to heavily interfere with the workings of the legislative as it is happening in the US.

[general rant]
    Pretty much the whole rest of the world looks at the US and is like "dafuq are they doing?", not just for your political system but also for various other reasons (eg. Your obsession with the military and weapons; that your left is politically more conservative than our conservatives; Why are you guys still hanging around in the middle east again? Or in Germany (yes, you still have some military bases there)? Your Ferengi economy practices - pretty much all the rules of acquisition fit and nobody seems concerned; …)
    [/general rant]

• The president can always be impeached for violating his oath of office but it wont happen when his party controls the senate that is supposed to bring the charges. The US has the leadership that it voted for. He is a lawyer that had to surrender his license to the Illinois bar to prevent prosecution for some wrong doing. He was a community organizer for ACORN, a discredited non-profit that was defrauding the government among other wrongs. He never led a major company or organization of any kind. He never made a organizational budget. He never met a production deadline. He never ran an organization where many viewpoints had to be considered to make a decision. Why are people surprised that he has been unable to rise to the position he now holds? He does not understand the most basic things like why do so many disapprove of his ideas or why congress wont blindly give him what he sees as the solution to everything, make him king so he can do whatever he pleases. So now he circumvents congress at every turn with his onerous executive orders that destroy jobs, waste money, and increases our debt to the point where USA and eventual bankruptcy are used in the same sentence. All that said it is evident that I am not a fan of Mr. Obama.
    Our political system is broken and I see no hope of getting it fixed because no one wants to fix it. The tax system could be changed to a flat tax or The Fair Tax but congress wont do that because they want spending right where it is and they use the tax system to reward large campaign contributors. They don't want the restriction of a balanced budget. The president wants more taxes to add to the deficit spending not reduce it. It took the cooperation of both parties to get us to this point and neither of them want to lead us out.
    You are also right about the US being world police. We do only what we see is in our best interest not the worlds. I do not believe that the people of Libya, Syria, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, or the Ukraine ever enter into the equation when we do something. I think that has been worse with this administration because they have no real plan or vision and just react to things as they happen. Obama is probably still scratching his head wondering why Putin would do what he did because he thought that they were buddies. I think the world is justifiably laughing at us.
    But what are the answers to rogue nations and dictators? Certainly not the UN as it seems to be the most inept corrupt organization out there. The answer to that question by the powers that be will be one world government with one world currency. There will be another even greater economic collapse in the future simply because too many countries economies are based on debt increases for ever more spending to satisfy a constituency that cries for ever more handouts from the people that they vote for. Of course this is no more than my opinion or assessment of what I see.

• So lkoehn, why don't you tell us what you really feel? :silly:

• Sorry about but I do not care much for what we have become and the future does not look too rosy to me. Opinions are like belly buttons in that we all have them but to know if yours is ugly or too large you have to compare yours to others to know the truth. I try to vary my news sources to get some balance but I think that they do news that they think we want to hear. You can get conservative or liberal views depending on the channel or publication. I value others heartfelt opinions but especially if they live where the news is from.

• @lkoehn:

The president can always be impeached for violating his oath of office but it wont happen when his party controls the senate that is supposed to bring the charges. The US has the leadership that it voted for. He is a lawyer that had to surrender his license to the Illinois bar to prevent prosecution for some wrong doing. He was a community organizer for ACORN, a discredited non-profit that was defrauding the government among other wrongs. He never led a major company or organization of any kind. He never made a organizational budget. He never met a production deadline. He never ran an organization where many viewpoints had to be considered to make a decision. Why are people surprised that he has been unable to rise to the position he now holds? He does not understand the most basic things like why do so many disapprove of his ideas or why congress wont blindly give him what he sees as the solution to everything, make him king so he can do whatever he pleases. So now he circumvents congress at every turn with his onerous executive orders that destroy jobs, waste money, and increases our debt to the point where USA and eventual bankruptcy are used in the same sentence. All that said it is evident that I am not a fan of Mr. Obama.
    Our political system is broken and I see no hope of getting it fixed because no one wants to fix it. The tax system could be changed to a flat tax or The Fair Tax but congress wont do that because they want spending right where it is and they use the tax system to reward large campaign contributors. They don't want the restriction of a balanced budget. The president wants more taxes to add to the deficit spending not reduce it. It took the cooperation of both parties to get us to this point and neither of them want to lead us out.
    You are also right about the US being world police. We do only what we see is in our best interest not the worlds. I do not believe that the people of Libya, Syria, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, or the Ukraine ever enter into the equation when we do something. I think that has been worse with this administration because they have no real plan or vision and just react to things as they happen. Obama is probably still scratching his head wondering why Putin would do what he did because he thought that they were buddies. I think the world is justifiably laughing at us.
    But what are the answers to rogue nations and dictators? Certainly not the UN as it seems to be the most inept corrupt organization out there. The answer to that question by the powers that be will be one world government with one world currency. There will be another even greater economic collapse in the future simply because too many countries economies are based on debt increases for ever more spending to satisfy a constituency that cries for ever more handouts from the people that they vote for. Of course this is no more than my opinion or assessment of what I see.

I am with you. This is not the country of my youth. I have tried to fight against this junk in government since Goldwater. I did appreciate the times when things were better. But I feel we are at the tipping point and that we are going to be tipped down the road of no return.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever."
    Thomas Jefferson

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.