History loss

• Hi. When I open a history tab, it shows me one page only. As I try to go back to previous history record, clicking on "meno recente" (older...), it just stucks and show no more pages!!!!!!!!! Help me please! I really need to collect history starting from the beginning of may... Thanks

• Is there anyone experiencing the same?
    I really need help. Please can anyone tell how I get this month history?
    I never removed it; Vivaldi just doesn't go back further than one single history page.
    I use an iMac with Yosemite on and last version of Vivaldi.
    Please, please, please!!!!

• I'm not a mac user, and I never experienced that.

But jumping from a very old version to a newr can lead to problems because the profile name was changed from "profile" to "user data".

Anyway in that scenario, the history is not the only item "lost". Everything starts as a brand new installation.

If this is your case you can look somewhere in your home for the older folder named "profile", then delete/rename the newer one called "user data", then rename the the old folder from "profile" to "user data".

Be sure there isn't any Vivaldi process running before doing so.

A time machine "travel" can be another option if the above is not your actual scenario.

• Thank you so much!
    I looked for both the folders you mentioned but couldn't find any.
    Finally, through Time machine, I got a previous version back (1.0.118.19) and now all my history is back!
    Must be a bug of latest version…
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• You are welcome.

P.S. don't forget we have an Italian room too. ;)

• @The_Solutor:

I'm not a mac user, and I never experienced that.

But jumping from a very old version to a newr can lead to problems because the profile name was changed from "profile" to "user data".

Anyway in that scenario, the history is not the only item "lost". Everything starts as a brand new installation.

If this is your case you can look somewhere in your home for the older folder named "profile", then delete/rename the newer one called "user data", then rename the the old folder from "profile" to "user data".

Be sure there isn't any Vivaldi process running before doing so.

A time machine "travel" can be another option if the above is not your actual scenario.

I've been looking for the user data/profile folder on mac, I haven't been able to find it anywhere…

• @Nonameentered:

I've been looking for the user data/profile folder on mac, I haven't been able to find it anywhere…

Find file on mac (other than a document) is one of the hardest thing of the whole Mac experience :D

Usually the users profiles are hidden files/directories (starting with a dot) and are not visible trough the stock fm.

Personally when I have to deal with a Mac I use mc (midnight commander) then I feel at home.

But I'm sure that some more experienced Mac user will post the exact path here.

• Yes. On my Mac, in ~/Library/Application Support/Vivaldi/Default/ I have 'History', 'History Provider Cache', 'History Journal' but no 'Profile' or 'User Data'. This is using Yosemite 10.3.3 and Vivaldi 1.0.174.8. (Developer Build)

• Ok, thanks.

So "user data" is actually called "default" on Macs. So the question is if the name was changed some time ago (like on windows) or not.

Possibly OP 's problem has nothing to do with it.

• I have the same problem with the Windows version

• I also have same trouble on my Vivaldi 1.0.178.2 x64 in Windows 8.1 x64.
    I have history from March 2015 to today. but [Older>] shows only empty page.
    It must be some kind of trouble in Vivaldi function.
    But if you need to see older items, delete newer items . they must be there in data file. it is "C:\Users{Username}\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\History" file.You can copy this file to backup before deletion.

And sadly, recreating "User Data" does not recover this trouble as follows,
    1.terminate Vivaldi.
    2. rename "C:\Users{Username}\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data" to "C:\Users{Username}\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data-bk"
    3. start Vivaldi.
    4. terminate Vivaldi.
    5.copy "C:\Users{Username}\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data-bk\Default\History" to "C:\Users{Username}\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\History"
    6.start Vivaldi. but [Older>] shows only empty page.
    7.terminate Vivaldi.
    8.rename "C:\Users{Username}\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data" to "C:\Users{Username}\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data-nw" .
    9.rename "C:\Users{Username}\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data-bk" to "C:\Users{Username}\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data"
    10. start Vivaldi. still [Older>] shows only empty page.

-Hope aboves help you.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.