Full Screen Shift on Vivaldi 2.1

• Hello!

I was curious if anyone else was experiencing this issue when you updated to 2.1 on macOS. Whenever I am in full screen mode and I shift over to another desktop (on another monitor) the browser shifts down. When I click back into the browser if shifts back up. I've looked through all the settings and I cant figure out if there is a way to turn that off. To note, this wasn't happening prior to 2.1.

This is what I see when I sit in Vivaldi:
    0_1540480920687_Normal.png

This is what I see when I shift out of it:
    0_1540480961804_Shifted.png

Thanks!
    Andrew

• Having the same issue (weirdly only on one of several open Vivaldi windows) on macOS after updating to 2.1 a few minutes ago. Going full screen seems to make it go away, but if I click off the affected window or take it out of fullscreen the "shift" returns.

This feature is new to version 2.1. Before, it was almost impossible to switch tabs in Tab Stacks while in fullscreen mode because the menu bar often dropped down whenever you'd try to click on the tab switcher. Now, the Vivaldi UI drops down when the macOS menu bar appears. However, there are still a few wrinkles in the implementation that need to be ironed out. It works pretty well in single-monitor setups but there's an open bug to address the problem described in this thread with multi-monitor setups. The Vivaldi UI also does not "drop down" with the macOS menu bar when the "Use Native Window" option is selected; there is a bug open to resolve this issue as well along with a few other minor glitches.

• @xyzzy said in Full Screen Shift on Vivaldi 2.1:

This feature is new to version 2.1. Before, it was almost impossible to switch tabs in Tab Stacks while in fullscreen mode because the menu bar often dropped down whenever you'd try to click on the tab switcher. Now, the Vivaldi UI drops down when the macOS menu bar appears. However, there are still a few wrinkles in the implementation that need to be ironed out. It works pretty well in single-monitor setups but there's an open bug to address the problem described in this thread with multi-monitor setups. The Vivaldi UI also does not "drop down" with the macOS menu bar when the "Use Native Window" option is selected; there is a bug open to resolve this issue as well along with a few other minor glitches.

Are we able to get a toggle to turn this feature off?

Thanks for the information!

@iamr00t FYI, I've added a link to this Forum topic to the bug report so that the devs will be aware that this is impacting you. I don't know where things stand in terms of a fix but I'll follow up here with any additional information that I can pass on.

• I'm also having this problem on Mojave with 2.1, fullscreen using two monitors. I never ran into a problem with tab stacks, but this is causing a lot of frustration as I switch back and forth between apps on different screens, or just move the mouse too close to the top of the screen.

Please make this optional: shifting tabs up and down unexpectedly is super annoying as I have to wait for the animation to reset before I can continue, or risk clicking on the wrong thing. The previous behaviour was completely fine for me, so the option to keep that would be ideal, even if it's just a flag somewhere.

Thanks

• Yes, this is frustrating. Personally I saw no problem with the behaviour in previous versions, I don't agree that "the menu bar often dropped down whenever you'd try to click on the tab switcher". The tab switcher is big enough and I'd rather have the old behaviour than the current mess.

@porthicault Switching regular tabs is no problem for me but with tabs on top, when I click on the tab switcher at the top of the tab to select a different tab in the Tab Stack, 90% of the time I trigger the macOS menu bar drop-down.

Update: Last I heard, it's not possible to implement an "off switch" for this UI change... but the devs have seen this thread and know that this is a HUGE annoyance for all of you that are affected. It reproduces internally and they're making every effort to get this fixed as soon as possible.

• Thank you @xyzzy for reaching out to the devs. I'm in the same boat as @SminkyBazzA. I know it's just a huge annoyance to certain users, but it's definitely impacting my workflow. Vivaldi was just updated today but the fix wasn't included. I'll keep waiting and hope it does get addressed.

• Interestingly, I currently see the same, or similar, vertical shift on Google Chrome.

@ryofurue Yeah, this is a really weird glitch. I just checked https://crbug.com/825737 and saw that the Chromium team has escalated this issue internally.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.