New Tab behaviour

• I have a suggestion, that I'm sure will make it into the final release anyway, but wanted to check. When you open a link in a new tab (by right clicking and open in a new tab, or by control-clicking) I would logically expect the tab to open inside the same tab stack, and just to the right of the tab that spawned it. Am I alone in this, or do others agree?

Others agree, but the developers have not as yet estimated how soon this bit of fine-tuning might be available. I imagine they have some rather more urgent fish to fry at the moment, with major features either missing or not quite working yet (mail, private browsing, extensions, for instance).

• @Ayespy:

Others agree, but the developers have not as yet estimated how soon this bit of fine-tuning might be available. I imagine they have some rather more urgent fish to fry at the moment, with major features either missing or not quite working yet (mail, private browsing, extensions, for instance).

very true

• ~
    This has been covered already in one or two other threads here, and I agree with your idea.

The same good logic would apply to allowing that tabs which are NOT part of a stack could be set to open any new tabs immediately next to the currently active focused parent tab, instead of at the far right of ALL of the tabs.

Even THAT would also help the Tab Stack users some, as the new tab would be closer to the parent tab than is the case right now.

And we have raised THAT need repeatedly here (and in the snapshot blog threads too).

I hope/pray that the devs have it fixed fairly soon, as it is a deal-breaker for many of us who are testing Vivaldi, to have to give up a functionality which almost all other browsers currently offer.
    ~

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.