Keyboard shortcuts not working with extensions
jrperez last edited by
@xyzzy thanks for the info!
Any update on this in Vivaldi 3?
arafat last edited by
Keyboard shortcut still not working if "In Vivaldi" selected & can't select "Global" for conflicting issue.
No progress. You are free to report a bug.
Thank you for reaching and sorry for the trouble.
May be this issue is a bug.
- Help us reproduce your issue
- How to report a bug for Vivaldi
- How to report crashes on Windows, macOS, Linux
carefully and report the bug to Vivaldi bugtracker.
Again thank you for using Vivaldi.
Still not working on Vivaldi, 3.1.1929.45 (Stable channel) (64-bit) on Deepin V20 beta. This is the only thing that keeps me using opera.
This issue suddenly occurred for me. No rhyme or reason. This is so freaking weird. I have been using Vivaldi perfectly fine for a few months now. Updating and updating...then all the sudden I have this terrible issue!
None of my Keyboard shortcuts work for Extensions. No idea why or how this happened. Search for the problem and came here to report. Also, sometimes very briefly the issue goes away...but I can't repeat this behavior or figure out why. It is unreliable.
nomadic last edited by
@zhdenny Setting the shortcuts to
Globalseems to get them working for me.
Have you tried setting the shortcut to
Globalinstead of the default
You can change this in
- Just expand the hamburger menu in the top left corner
- Scroll to the specific extension's section
- Change the relevant keyboard shortcuts to
This is obviously a workaround to a bug, but at least it gets it working.
@nomadic Ya, I definitely have tried setting it to global or vivaldi.....sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. It is weird.
Hi, that's what worked for me (see the screenshot):
- Set the shortcut to activate the given extension (BTW, the activation shortcut is Vivaldi-only, it can't be made Global).
- Change all the other shortcuts under the given extension to Global.
- Then restart Vivaldi (otherwise, the changes won't apply).
- On restart, click your "activation" shortcut first, then use the other (Global) shortcuts for the extension.
Hope this helps
arafat last edited by arafat
Unfortunately Global shortcuts conflicts with my existing shortcuts with other applications. Hence I need Vivaldi only shortcuts
This issue is already 2 years old (or maybe more), loosed hope to use Vivaldi, because I need to use the extension "in Vivaldi" mode, as @arafat said too much conflic to use "Global" mode