Speed dial

• Hi, I would like to know where the speed dial information is stored in Vivaldi. I have to delete all my Vivaldi folders but keep the speed dial data. Cheers, mib

The Speed Dial is a bookmark folder - so you save the Bookmarks file and Bookmarks.bak. The images of your speed dials are in the file "Top Sites," I'm pretty sure.

• Is there a chance to replace the built-in Speed Dials with FVD Speed Dial Extension?

• Does anyone know how to get 6 columns with the built-in Speed Dial? In Tools/Settings/StartPage/SpeedDial/Maximum Columns it's set to 6 but the max. I can get is only 4.

• @ztm2000:

Is there a chance to replace the built-in Speed Dials with FVD Speed Dial Extension?

just install it and then go to

chrome-extension://llaficoajjainaijghjlofdfmbjpebpa/newtab.html

to use it

Does anyone know how to get 6 columns with the built-in Speed Dial? In Tools/Settings/StartPage/SpeedDial/Maximum Columns it's set to 6 but the max. I can get is only 4.

Atm the columns you get depends on resolution and UI zoom level. The setting limits it to a fixed value.

That's why I asked to change the naming from "columns" to "maximum columns".

A fixed columns setting will come, sooner or later, it was asked many times by many users (me included).

• Thanks. It works. Do you know how can I make it permanent to start off with this page when pressing the "+" (Open new tab) button?

• Setting the startpage to:<br />chrome://dummystartpage/?section=SpeedDial<br />works for me, but maybe it is not the only nor the best way, I've seem many different suggestions out there

• I'm trying to get used to Vivaldi again cause tab stacking became a useful and frequently used feature for me. In Firefox it's pretty strange. I'm using FVD Speed Dial as new tab page, I don't like Vivaldi's own.
    My only problem is that pressing the "+" button for a new tab does not place the cursor into URL address bar. I begin typing but for nothing.
    How can I force Vivaldi to put the cursor into URL bar after opening FVD Speed Dials?

• @Ayespy Top Sites useless for recovery

@devdawg: Not here. I can use Top Sites to save me having to re-download speed dial images when I restore a profile or install the browser somewhere else. But that's all it's good for - using a healthy Top Sites file to save having to refresh all the Speed Dial images.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.