Tell me how to block mindless internet lusers from trying to add me to their virtual friends list!

• The control LINKS at the right side of the screen, such as "account, blog and preferences" DO NOT WORK. Those same links do not work in either IE, Green Browser, Opera 10.63 or 12, or Iron browser either. Furthermore, those same links are not working on any of my computers either. This means I am not able to control my Vivaldi settings, so as to block out internet lusers that I DO NOT KNOW in my personal and private life, whom I feel are violating me by insulting my intelligence and humanity by spamming me with unsolicited "virtual friends requests." I am sorry, but I simply do not maintain or keep so-called virtual friends in life. That is too pretentious and weird to me. I ONLY joined Vivaldi for two reasons: to replace my old Opera email accounts, as well as I am hoping Jon von Tetzchner and his crew reignites the Presto engine again in a new Vivaldi browser. However maybe someday I will use my Vivaldi blog; but for now, that is not why I made an account on Vivaldi.net. So far, I do like my Vivaldi email account very much. I just hope the developers do not end up pulling the plug here. So the request of my inquiry here is figuring out how to get my preferences on Vivaldi to work, so I can protect myself by blocking out the inhuman vultures that be. I realize they cannot seemingly help themselves, and they do not know any better either, or how to properly respect others. But until they ever wake up and come to their human senses in life, in the meantime I feel the necessity to protect myself from people (or automated bots) who are spamming me for the sake of their online fantasies and/or egos. Obviously, "degradation happens." But I do not want to be part of that. That is not my personal choice in life. Thank You. ~Nitrothor [img]http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yor7qpq1llex1j0/huggie.gif[/img]

• While I can not accept this aggressive rant, I still offer a solution for your problem. ¹)

Assuming you have not accepted friends requests yet:
    [ul]

• Go to: https://vivaldi.net/community/profile/editPrivacy
    • Click on "Friends"
    • At "Friend requests" select "Friends of friends only"
    • Click "Save"
      [/ul]
      This way nobody should be able to send a friend request because nobody can be a friend of a non-existing friend.

I hope that helps.

1. Please do me a favor in return and edit your post. There is really no need for insults, especially not,when a simple polite question if it is possible to stop that would have sufficed.

• Indeed. At such a "friendly" inquiry the danger of requests is actually very low. :lol:

Btw: In addition check out "Privacy Settings & Notification Settings" to the right ("Preferences")

• • Problem solved.
    • Remarks removed.
    • Karma refunded.

~Nitrothor

• • Problem solved.
    • Remarks removed.
    • Karma refunded.

~Nitrothor

• @Ice007:

Indeed. At such a friendly inquiry the danger of requests is actually very low. :lol:

There are always friends collectors who collect blindly …

I personally simply ignore requests of people I don't know (yes, I know the friends on my friends list since some time) until I see that they indeed write good enough content that is of interest for me.

... and while I hand pick the "friends" here too, for me the semantic of the word "friend" on social sites still vastly differs from the semantic of the word friend in real life.

Sometimes I wonder if it would be better if the button "Add as friend" were be renamed to "Send friend request" or, even better: "ask for mutual subscription to all of the users actions" :silly:

• I take it we can't be friends then.

• @nitrothor:

The link You sent me did open, but I could not seem to find the link You sent anywhere on Vivaldi.

Ckick on "Preferences" in the navigation bar you see to the right, then click on "Privacy settings" and there you are.

@nitrothor:

Sir, I respect Your feelings You are against "free speech" and "human expression";

No, I am for politeness. No need to call other people "stupid" etc - especially if you know nothing about them, especially if you can't proof that it is like that. In some countries they fought in duels exactly because of that behavior. Your behavior was simply primitive and insulting and that is not covered by "free speech".

And now I stop before I become insulting.

• • Problem solved.
    • Remarks removed.
    • Karma refunded.

~Nitrothor

• Any chance you might try and use less offensive… less vulgar language when posting here? Just askin'.

• @nitrothor
    Arghhh. Such annoying offensives against users of some social networks.
    And you call users of facebook fags? You call then biogarbage or lusers?
    Have you some legastehnic problems or are you a people hater?

Dear Bernd aka nitrothor, please, keep calm or leave vivaldi.net and visit 4chan for you rants.

• • Problem solved.
    • Remarks removed.
    • Karma refunded.

~Nitrothor

• • Problem solved.
    • Remarks removed.
    • Karma refunded.

~Nitrothor

• Vivaldi Team

Hi,

You make a lot of good points and I enjoy reading what you have to say. It would however be greatly appreciated it you could try to avoid terms and language that may be particularly offensive to others. I think we all know what came across as offensive here and avoiding that would not be limiting freedom of speech since no context would be lost if it hadn't been used.

• @nitrothor
    Dear Miss nitrothor, thanks for teaching me in free speech and your strong belief in freedom and humanism.
    I hope you will overcome those ugly virtual people who harras you poor person.

@Christian
    nitrothor missing good behaviour because it dislikes political correctness or respect. It does not recognized any hate speech or offensive words.
    It seems to want 100% freedom without any restriction.

• @nitrothor:

However, I am running XP pro on all my machines too. So maybe Vivaldi links are not working for XP users

I'm on XP Pro using SeaMonkey and everything works fine.
    Attachments:

• Links in Vivaldi are running on XP, even with Opera 12 or older. Thats not a problem of the OS.

• Deactivating JS results in disfunctional links in right navigation (as Preferences does not slide down). May be the blocking of some external URLs to JS libs results in non-clickable links.

• • Problem solved.
    • Remarks removed.
    • Karma refunded.

~Nitrothor

• Dear Nitrothor,
    You will no doubt be relieved that I, for one, will never attempt to be your friend.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.