Importing bookmarks from Opera 29 to Vivaldi/Chrome

• Guys please help me out :) Since Vivaldi is still in early stages I opted not to import my bookmarks since I won't be using it as my default browser, at least not until beta comes around. But I tried just for the heck of it. I tried importing from Opera 29 stable. I chose to import from "Opera version 15+". But it seems to just import Opera's Bookmarks bar and not my bookmarks in the "My Folders" in Opera. After importing, a folder named "Imported Bookmarks" appear. Folders "Bookmarks Bar" and "Other Bookmarks" are inside, the latter having zero or no entries at all. The "Bookmarks Bar" folder has all my entries from Opera though. It's the same with trying to copy and replace the Opera bookmarks file to Chrome. But when I fired-up Chrome, it also only has the Bookmarks Bar folder and bookmark entries. My other bookmarks are missing.

I just transplanted the bookmarks folder and then sorted all the bookmarks by hand.

Of course if it's only going to show you the bookmarks bar, then in O 29 you can move all OTHER bookmarks to a folder on the bookmarks bar and import - then put them back where they belonged in O 29.

• Yeah I thought about that too. I'll try it after I sort out some bookmarks. But it's still weird though. Even when I replace the bookmarks file of Vivaldi or Chrome with the file from Opera, only the Bookmarks bar folder shows up. :huh:

But have you tried importing from Opera 15+ to other browsers? I'm trying to find out if it's just me or if someone else has this "issue". Oh, what do you mean by transplanted? You inserted your bookmarks one by one? ;)

Thanks btw

I never had the chance to try it. My bookmarks were all sorted before import from 15+ became possible.

You might try the bookmarks folder from Oper 31 instead. It's more similar internally to Vivaldi's

OH and BTW - ALL of my Opera bookmarks were in folders on the bookmarks bar, anyway.

• I did try it with Opera 30 beta though but no dice.

Thanks I'll try it with the 31. :)

• Still didn't work. Tried it with Opera 31 dev. Not sure if the problem lies with Opera or Chromium itself on how the handle the bookmarks file.

Oh well….
    I'll just ask the dev team in the next snapshot blog post. Already filed it via Bug Wizard just in case. :D

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.