Adressbar and searchbar: Open always in new tab?

• Hi, it's possible (at the moment) to open content from the adressbar and the searchbar always in a new tab (optimal next to the active tab)? In the settings I have found the option "In Hintergrund-Tab öffnen" (in english: "Open in Background Tab"), but if I define a shortcut (e.g. Alt+Y), there is always open a new tab (speed dial) if I press this shortcut. It's not working with the adressbar or the searchbar?! Is this a bug? Or is this feature not complete at the moment? Is there an alternative solution? Thank you.

@kar82:

Hi,

it's possible (at the moment) to open content from the adressbar and the searchbar always in a new tab (optimal next to the active tab)?

In the settings I have found the option "In Hintergrund-Tab öffnen" (in english: "Open in Background Tab"), but if I define a shortcut (e.g. Alt+Y), there is always open a new tab (speed dial) if I press this shortcut. It's not working with the adressbar or the searchbar?!

Is this a bug? Or is this feature not complete at the moment? Is there an alternative solution?

Thank you.

Feature is not complete ATM. I should think this option will not be long in coming, as several have asked for it. I can hardly think of a worse implementation for opening links, myself, but I realize some people prefer it - and the developers are aware of this as well.

• @Ayespy:

Feature is not complete ATM. I should think this option will not be long in coming, as several have asked for it. I can hardly think of a worse implementation for opening links, myself, but I realize some people prefer it - and the developers are aware of this as well.

Ok, thanks. I will wait for new snapshots of Vivaldi.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.