Shortcut already used

• Hi, Just installed Vivaldi and am playing around with it a bit and like it so far. I do have a question (probably more to come): When you try to assign a new keyboard shortcut that's already in use, it says so, but it doesn't point you to the function that uses it already. I tried this for cycling through the tabs using "ctrl + tab" to go forward (right) and "ctrl + shift + tab" to go backward (left) as I am used to. The response I get however is in the opposite direction. Maybe it has something to do with the order in which I opened them, but I'd like to change it. However, whenever I try to do so, I get the message that the combination is already in use. Which leads me to the suggestion of pointing out where it's already used, as I can't find anything using the "tab" button in this list. Anyway, probably something stupid I overlooked. Cheers!

• Welcome to Vivaldi.

I am not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but if you want to reassign shortcut keys or if you just want to see what keystrokes are used with different shortcuts –
    1 - go into Tools;
    2 - Next go into Settings;
    3 - Click on Display All;
    4 - Go to the very bottom of the Settings Menu and you will see the Mouse & Keyboard Section.

Once there you can either modify or see what keystrokes work which shortcut.

Hope this helps.

And thanks again for your input, but that was indeed not what I was looking for.
    I already knew where to find the shortcut keys, I'm just asking for a feature that points me as to where the duplicate is located as I can't find anything using the tab key in my list of shortcuts.

As you can see from the screenshot: it indicates that there is a duplicate, but it doesn't show me where or which function.
    When I scroll down, I can't find it anywhere. Hence the request for a feature that points me to the right place.

[attachment=1222]2015-05-0923_44_02-Vivaldi.png[/attachment]

I know I'm being difficult about this, but I'd really like to know where I can change it.
    Attachments:

• Sorry I could not be of help. Looking at the screenshot, I agree with you – I have no idea where the duplicate is. In fact, as best I can tell, there is no duplicate.

Now I would suggest you file a bug report and a request for the Developers to add an explanation when there is a duplicate problem.

• Ctrl Tab and Ctrl Shift Tab already work for Next/Previous tabs.

Think of them as default Windows shortcuts that cannot be reassigned to something else.

• No, I just verified and when I use "ctrl + tab" it just retraces the tabs in the opposite direction than in which I clicked them.

So, i.e.: I have 4 tabs open: A, B, C and D (in this particular order). If I click them in this order A, C, B, D (I'm now in tab D) and hit 4 times "ctrl + alt", Vivaldi cycles through them as: B, C, A and back to D (where I started). How I want it to cycle is from left to right in this way (starting again from D): A, B, C, D and not the B, C, A and back to D as I clicked/used them earlier.

I hope I managed to express myself a little bit better.

Greets :)

• If I got you right, your issue isn't with the shortcut itself, but rather with the tabs cycling order. Why don't you try the following: Go to Settings > Appearance > Tabs; There you'll see the setting named 'Tab Cycling Order'. Its default value is 'Recently Used'. Change that to the other option, 'Tab Order'. That should do the trick.

• Yay,

That did the trick :)

Thanks!

• Glad I could help :) Care to press the 'Thank you' button underneath my post? :)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.