Sync More Features

• Vivaldi sync is looking really really positive, loving what I see. Having extensions and bookmarks are the two most useful sync items for me, it's going to be useful to have them centralised. I see in the updates and blogs that you guys will be adding more features to this over time. I wanted to put my oar in, and say that the next sync items that would be most useful to me would be:

• syncing all browser history. I use 7 different Vivaldi browsers (5 computers, stable release on each, latest beta snapshot on two). It would be amazing to have complete centralisation of browser history between them all.
    • syncing mouse gestures. I have so many set up on my main Vivaldi browser that I don't have time to duplicate them across browsers!
    • syncing web panel tabs. These are more then useful, so syncing them will create a consistent browser experience.

Another point, the option to "Clear data on server" is useful, but I personally would prefer it if it had a double popup to warn you that you are doing it and to make doubly sure that's what you want to clear data. I've already cleared it by accident once 😞

Thanks for a great browser!

PS. The only thing I think you're lacking now is an android vivaldi app, but don't let the desktop version suffer if you do create one!

• @tom-morton Sync is not complete yet.

Mobile Browser Version is in progress. Some insiders are already using it, but it may be a while before we see it.

• Searching with search engine aliases is such an incredible and time saving feature. I think that search engines sync deserves high priority.

• @alexander-gorbovets Definitely +1 for search engine syncing. They're a hassle to set up.

• @tom-morton
    What's really missing is syncing of search engine settings.

• We need "Setting" in the menu: Vivaldi / Settings -> Show Vivaldi://Settings
    No need to search for whet is synced
    Then in "People" allow us to make a couple of profiles that can be used to autofill.
    Then you can add whatever you like for "Search"..
    But a new for Cookie settings and "response": Allow us to trigger a specific response to a cookie, and most likely also state log-in and password at the sites that we want to log in and they keep on tracking. We can make a username / password way that can integrate with the other password - e.g. %PASSWORD% is the password held.
    I agree with the gestures also styles but I have just one computer / screen. I would prefer to be able to maintain a customisable browser history and trace (cookie setting).

Mod edit: we sent you a message about the deleted post. We look forward to your reply. 🙂

• Sync for saved sessions would be nice as well.

@jhe while it would be nice for saved sessions to sync, you can currently just copy session files between your computers manually as a work around.

• @Pesala Please! This! These! Give! ❤
    All of these + Mobile. Is there also a donate/insider program?

Damn am so hyped and excited, all hail Vivaldi. OTL...

@AstralDust No, there's not a donation program or an insider program. You can buy goods from the Vivaldi store if you wish to support the effort and, more importantly, you can tell your friends.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.