Windows "new experience" UI

• Do we have on the roadmap any plans to provide for the fullscreen "new experience" in Windows? I just discovered this is the correct name for what used to be called Metro UI and is what IE will do if invoked from the Start screen. But only if it is the default browser. However i'd rather use Vivaldi... Wade.

• Not yet. Basic OS support needs to come first.

• Good-o. I'm happy with a "not yet". :-)

• Ain't gonna happen unless Vivaldi makes the jump to the Windows Mobile platform because Microsoft is DONE with Windows 8.x… Look into Windows 10, that's where the future lies. And they're now known as Universal Windows Apps, if YOU want to know more visit insider.windows.com I believe it is if not just search for Microsoft Windows Insider Program

• @jenijames1987:

Ain't gonna happen unless Vivaldi makes the jump to the Windows Mobile platform because Microsoft is DONE with Windows 8.x… Look into Windows 10, that's where the future lies. And they're now known as Universal Windows Apps, if YOU want to know more visit insider.windows.com I believe it is if not just search for Microsoft Windows Insider Program

I suppose that they have changed the name of their apps to windows apps. anyway it seems this browser needs to match with windows 10 apps

• I agree

• @am2222:

I suppose that they have changed the name of their apps to windows apps. anyway it seems this browser needs to match with windows 10 apps

They didn't change just the name.

Most of the newest "square" apps are way different than a proper Metro/Modern app, Edge browser (spartan) included.

• Yea, they changed EVERYTHING about the apps, some still work, some don't…

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.