Unable to access https://sg.carousell.com/

• Can anyone access this website using Vivaldi? (https://sg.carousell.com/)

I can access it using Chrome but just not on Vivaldi. Vivaldi just show me the HTTPS500 error.

Is this a server side issue or user client issue?

@duhduhduh The only way to know is to spoof vivaldi's user agent to be some big name browser and see if the connection is still rejected.

@duhduhduh The server has bad browser detection, dislikes the Vivaldi user-agent (UA) and crashes.

Faking the UA to a older Chrome of Firefox with extension User-Agent Switcher can help you.

You can add a self-defined UA for a older Chrome.

1. Open Options with context menu of extension's button
    2. Select Custom User-Agents
    3. In field New User-agent name insert:
      Chrome 64
    4. In field New User-Agent String insert:
      Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.167 Safari/537.36
    5. In field Indicator Flag insert:
      C64
    6. Save this with button Add
    7. Select Permanent Spoof List
    8. In field Domain insert sg.carousell.com
    9. In dropdown User-Agent select Chrome 64
    10. Save this with button Add

Now if you visit the page sg.carousell.com the UA will be switched to the version which works for their server.

@duhduhduh Please contact the carousell website's support/webmaster that a visit with Vivaldi browser fails and their server sends an Error 500.
    They should fix this.

• I always have impure thoughts against the webmasters of these pages who use this discriminatory browser sniffing.
    Can not disguise Vivaldi as Chrome by default or include a UA switcher that does it with a click ?
    Imgur

@catweazle

thoughts against the webmasters of these pages who use this discriminatory browser sniffing.

In this case it is not browser sniffing but carousells broken web application.

Can not disguise Vivaldi as Chrome by default or include a UA switcher that does it with a click ?

That default Chrome UA would make Vivaldi browser invisible to statistics.
    At this point of Vivaldi development a better way is the use of a extension to switcȟ the UA.
    But i would really prefer to have website specific setting in Vivaldi where one can change to an other UA permanently.

• @gwen-dragon
    This reminds me of opera 12 times where we could have user specific settings.

I will try it with the UA Switcher and also drop an email to the web owners.

• @duhduhduh Requested, vote for it πŸ™‚

Please contact carousell.com support at https://support.carousell.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011190388-How-do-I-contact-the-Support-Team- and see 2. the link reporting this bug

The more users contact them they will see that it is a bug on their side that they should fix.

Unfortunately i did not get any answer from their customer support since weeks and nno reaction on Twitter. πŸ‘Ž
    I fear they will not fix it.

I told Carousell about their permanent server crash, and gave a hint on their wrong useragent filtering.

Answer from Carousell:

Raja (Carousell)
    Dec 5, 11:35 +08
    Hello there,
    Thanks for reaching out to us for help and I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing connectivity issues on our web platform.
    To rectify this issue, may I trouble you to first go to your browser settings, clear your cache and cookies, close your browser, and then relaunch it? You should be able to login successfully after performing the above steps. Thanks for helping me out with this; and I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused
    Please feel free to reach out to us if there's anything at all you may require help with, or if the above method doesn't work for you, and I'd be glad to look into it for you! πŸ™‚

A useless answer.
    I answered once more and wait now.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.