What are some small things in other browers that make your browsing experience better?

• For me, 1) I has an addon called dimmer, for Firefox, which helps darken those nastily bright pages. 2) If I need to open multiple links off of a page, they open in background tabs without switching from the tab that I'm on, or at least have the setting to (perhaps via tabsmixplus).

• @crystalshard:

For me,

1. I has an addon called dimmer, for Firefox, which helps darken those nastily bright pages.

I agree, night mode is a nice function

1. If I need to open multiple links off of a page, they open in background tabs without switching from the tab that I'm on, or at least have the setting to (perhaps via tabsmixplus).

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/2822-tips-tricks#22702

• 1. Checkout the User modes from the popup at bottom right. Sepia is enough to tone it down a bit. There's also an invert mode.
    2. Middle-click on links works for me

• The developer tool in a separate window is really going on my nerves. It's very impractical. Also, although I'm still kinda die-hard fan of Opera Dragonfly, I really like the way in which the new Opera Dev Tool has implemented debugging for devices.

I also can't wait for the Mail client to be implemented, but that'll come sooner or later.

Converting non-latin domain segments (for example http://политика.срб) to punycode really sucks. What's the idea with that?!

• Every browser has to convert to punycode to send it to the DNS, though most don't show it to you.

1. The ability to control which pages (if any) are open when launching the browser (available in nearly every other browser).

2. The option to display the full URL (available in at least Firefox and Opera and a required setting in many minor browsers such as Midori and Web).

I assume that both of these features are planned, but their lack presently makes using Vivaldi a bit annoying for me.

• A very nice function in Opera Mobile is the context menu by long touching the (+) on the right upper corner. This provides a very visceral working.

• @RRR13:

@AngelOfEffekt:

A very nice function in Opera Mobile is the context menu by long touching the (+) on the right upper corner. This provides a very visceral working.

Long press is among the least visceral controls ever, just like double clicking and swiping from the top of the screen.

It's not long touching, it's joust touching. Same as vivaldi's bookmark flag, just populated differently .

• @The_Solutor thank you! I thought I was going crazy, looking for the long-press context menu in Opera Mobile…

• @tomica:

@The_Solutor thank you! I thought I was going crazy, looking for the long-press context menu in Opera Mobile…

:lol:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.