Undocumented Shortcuts and Features
I thought it would be useful to collect a number of features or shortcuts that are not documented in Help. I will add any others to this first post as I find them or others users report them.
- Alt+Left-click on close button = Close Other Tabs.
- Shift+Left-click on a link = Open in new tab
- Ctrl+Left-click in URL in address bar = Go to the directory before point clicked
- Ctrl+Left-click on the Back/Forward Navigation Buttons to open the URL in a New Tab
- Click on the Active Tab to minimize it (Settings, Tabs, Tab Features) to quickly view the previous tab
Set the Active Tab Minimum Width (Settings, Tabs, Tab Display)
- The screenshot for Page Actions needs updating
8. Quick Select: Click at the start of text; Shift+Click at end of the desired text block to select it.
9. Alt+Click on the Show/Hide Panel Icon in the Status Bar to set the Panels to Floating/Docked
10. Middle-click reload button will duplicate / clone tab
11. Alt+Click or Middle-click on Panel Icon to open in a New Tab (except for downloads)
12. After selecting “Capture Selection” from the Status Bar camera icon, click anywhere on the page (do not drag), then click on the camera icon to save a screenshot of the active window.
13. Double-click on border of panel to hide the panel and the panel toolbar (= Shortcut F4)
14. Alt+Scrollwheel to cycle tabs
15. PageDown and PageUp change Webpage zoom by 50% and Home/End set it to 20% and 500% respectively when the slider has focus.
Please let me know if any of the above shortcuts or features are documented in help.
[SHIFT]+ click on a link to open it in a new tab.
[CTRL]+ click on URL in the address bar to "cut" the URL.
iAN CooG last edited by iAN CooG
[CTRL]+ click on URL in the address bar to go one directory "up".
to be precise, the url gets cut on the subdirectory where you ctrl-click
@ian-coog Sorry, I overlooked that, because I don't use it. I've edited my post.
@pesala They should update the help pages, please ping Gaëlle .
@gwen-dragon I want to wait until 2.0 final is imminent, then we can ping gaelle or submit a bug report, whatever works best.
- Ctrl-click on a link = Open in new background tab
- Middle-click on a link = Open in new background tab
These two are documented here:
There are also several ways to open a new tab in the background:
- Press and Hold the Ctrl / ⌘ key while clicking a link.
- Click a link with the middle mouse button.
Ctrl+click on Back/Forward buttons opens Previous/Next page in a new tab is new since Snapshot 1.16.1279.3
OP, I just found the feature you're looking for. It's already implemented. If you hold ALT while clicking the "Hide Panel" button in the status bar (bottom), it toggles floating panels on and off.
I'm not sure if this was officially documented anywhere, but you can drag to resize the search field:
As found by @dude99
- Middle-click reload button will duplicate / clone tab
dude99 last edited by
MMB or ALT+Left click on webpanel button to open content in background tab.
After selecting “Capture Selection” from the Status Bar camera icon, click anywhere on the page (do not drag), then click on the camera icon to save a screenshot of the active window.
I just noticed this one:
- Double-click on border of panel to hide the panel and the panel toolbar (= Shortcut F4)
Alt+Scrollwheel to cycle tabs is not documented in Tab Cycling as far as I can tell.
PageDown and PageUp change Webpage zoom by 50% and Home/End set it to 20% and 500% respectively when the slider has focus.
This post is deleted!