Most webmail issues have been resolved. Again, sorry for the inconvenience. In case you still have some issue please contact us.
Bugs I have encoutered
1. So first of all, Vivaldi is slow on my machine: [ul] [li]CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 2.5ghz[/li] [li]RAM: 2GB DDR2[/li] [li]OS: Win 8.1 (32-bit of course) [/li] [/ul] It takes quite some time to load, more than Firefox or Chrome. The general experience is slow and unresponsive. It takes around half of a second to change a tab, there's a clear lag when I change tabs. Sometimes the scroll bar lags behind the mouse, when I move it. Even the settings menu takes more than 5 s to open. 2. When adding a new book mark to the speed dial, the suggestion list is empty, though I've been browsing quite a while and there are several tabs opened. 3. Tab stacking is buggy. Let's say I have 5 tabs in this particular order: A, B, C, D, E. If I stack A and E Tabs onto C tab it appears in the last position. Now I have B, D, ACE tabs. If I open A tab from that stack, the whole stack jumps back to first place. ACE, B, D. If I open E tab, it jumps to the last place: B, D, ACE. It jumps to the position of the original tab. It should always stay in the same place no matter which tab is opened. 4. Opening bookmarks from speed dial has lag. No matter which bookmark I select, it starts loading only after a few seconds. Even if I type address by hand, it starts loading only after a second or two. 5. Closed tab button is not in the corner, when maximized. [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/molhg3ox9ubrm2c/Screenshot%202015-04-29%2017.19.25.png?dl=0]Pic[/url] 6. Back, forward, reload buttons do not work. [b]7. Vivaldi's processes are not killed once the browser is closed. A few minutes have passed and they were still there. I had to close them by hand. [url=http://www.dropbox.com/s/gcpbhqp3di65gzz/Screenshot%202015-04-29%2017.51.58.png]Pic[/url][/b] This one is really critical IMO
gdveggie last edited by
Your first post, so welcome! :)
But I've also read your other two posts since this one, including your list of suggestions in the All Platforms forum (good list, BTW).
So, I'll just respond to a couple items here. Given Vivaldi's performance on your machine, you might find this thread with user descriptions of Vivaldi performance on roughly similar machines of interest. Performance enhancements have been promised by the developer team once the basic browser is better established (apparently they recently began to incorporate some speed enhancements but pulled them back out again because of some complications that I can't recall right now).
Also, if you aren't already using it, be sure to upgrade to the latest TP3 (just released yesterday), then follow the Team Blog for weekly updates (usually on Mondays) and occasional mid-week updates. Vivaldi is developing rapidly and there have been numerous bug fixes and feature improvements since Technical Preview 2. Developer snapshots since then have generally been as stable, if not more stable, than TP2.
I've been using TP3. I really hope they make the browser usable on old machines, because this would also result in better performance on high-end machines.
1. So first of all….
I'm testing Vivaldi TP3 Win32 edition in a custom standalone install on Vista Home Basic SP2, with an added theme partially of my own design.
(1) Yes, I find Vivaldi slow sometimes, like when I have 30 tabs opened, but c'est la vie for now.
(2) No comment, as I do not use speed dial.
(3) I agree with what you said SHOULD happen, and it DOES happen that way for me - Complete stacks never move around - could it be a Windows 8.1 issue ?
(4) Same as (2)
(5) If I have only 2 tabs open in a 2nd test window, hovering reveals the 'X', but in my main window with 30 tabs, it does not, except in the active focused tab, which my theme forces to be wider than the rest. - But I didn't think that as few as you have in your screenshot should have this problem.
(6) I do not have this problem, and never did - could it be a Windows 8.1 issue ?
(7) Occasionally this happens to me, but often after a couple of minutes the tasks eventually do close on their own.
Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.