This version of the Chrome browser is no longer compatible. Please install a compatible browser...

• This is the translation of my topic in French I recently posted... I hope I will have more answers...
    Hello! I now have this message several times a day when I launch Gmail: "This version of the Chrome browser is no longer compatible. Please install a compatible browser. Do not show again" (not sure if it is well translated). Already, a few days ago, I had to uninstall the excellent MailTrack extension for the same reasons of compatibility. It becomes painful ... So I come back more and more often to Opera or even Falkon which is very fast. Note that when I click on "Do not show again" (In French "Ne plus afficher"), it comes back anyway (this has no effect). Same with Vivaldi stable. I have also countless crashes including when I am on the Blogger (Blogspot) editor but with Gmail too. I know, I'm going to be told that using Google products, "it's not good" ... But if I had partly dropped Opera, it was not easy to set Qwant as default search (except by installing the ad-hoc extension). My OS is Manjaro Linux. Version Information:
    Informations de version:

Vivaldi 1.16.1211.3 (Official version) snapshot (64 bits)
    Révision 232f1557f32505d0855381279ea77278bb219aa9-refs/branch-heads/3396@{#723}
    Operating system: Linux
    JavaScript V8 6.5.254.41
    Flash 30.0.0.134 /home/user/.config/google-chrome/PepperFlash/30.0.0.134/libpepflashplayer.so
    User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/65.0.3325.183 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.97.1211.3
    Command
    line: /opt/vivaldi-snapshot/vivaldi-snapshot --disk-cache-dir=/tmp/vivaldi/ --flag-switches-begin --autoplay-policy=document-user-activation-required --data-reduction-proxy-experiment=alt6 --enabled-new-style-notification --enable-features=DataReductionProxyDecidesTransform,MaterialDesignBookmarks,SecondaryUiMd --flag-switches-end --disable-smooth-scrolling
    Access path to executable: /opt/vivaldi-snapshot/vivaldi-snapshot
    Access path to profil /home/user/.config/vivaldi-snapshot/Default

Thanks for your help

Bonjour,

The latest Snapshot is 1.16.1259.3
    In case you don't know, MailTrack was sending the message.

Issue already report:

Bug: VB-42452 "After install of Mailtrack extension Vivaldi is flagged as incompatible"

Edited: more details here

• @nettlebay said in This version of the Chrome browser is no longer compatible. Please install a compatible browser...:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/65.0.3325.183 Safari/537.36

• Step one: Update to the latest version

• Step two: For the time being add the following command line parameter to start Vivaldi:
      --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.102 Safari/537.36"

• If that doesn't work try:
      --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/68.0.3440.107 Safari/537.36"

@quhno said in This version of the Chrome browser is no longer compatible. Please install a compatible browser...:

For the time being add the following command line parameter to start Vivaldi:

For the records: some distros don't recognize symlink (/usr/bin/vivaldi-snapshot), only full path

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.