"open link in new window" creates two windows

• when I right click on a link and choose "open link in new window" vivaldi is opening two windows

1 - the link I wanted to go to

2 - a blank page behind that

happens on two different machines running Windows 10, I tried both the current stable the most most current beta versions with and without extensions enabled - same behaviour

does not happen on the latest version on an OSX machine

after receiving feedback below

I did a clean install of the latest Windows 10 after deleting the old system partition.

The only software I installed after Windows was Vivaldi.1.16.1259.3.x64.

No driver updates, no Windows updates, no nothing, just Vivaldi.

Problem remains.

Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

any ideas?

update:

I believe I've resolved this by disabling the "tab bar".

tools > settings > tabs > uncheck "show tab bar"

@davelang No ideas here, as I cannot reproduce the behavior on any version, on any of my machines.

• Vivaldi Ambassador

Nor can I reproduce it, Right click> Open in new window = New window and behind the page with the source link, as it should be

@davelang said in "open link in new window" creates two windows:

choose "open link in new window" vivaldi is opening two windows

Something in you browser profile may be broken or a extension in Vivaldi or malware cause this.

Try to reset your browser profile, that will show you a clean browser where you can check if the issue is appearing again.

If the issue of doubled window is not resolved, download Malwarebytes (free program), scan and rescan your PC with Windows Defender.

• I did a clean install of the latest Windows 10 after deleting the old system partition.

The only software I installed after Windows was Vivaldi.1.16.1259.3.x64.

No driver updates, no Windows updates, no nothing, just Vivaldi.

Problem remains.

Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

• thx for your replies btw

I've submitted a bug report - hopefully this can get sorted. It doesn't occur on OSX, and clearly doesn't occur on every version of Windows.

I like Vivaldi - trying to get away from Chrome because they hid the bookmarks menu - would prefer to stick with Vivaldi.

• I believe I've resolved this by disabling the "tab bar".

tools > settings > tabs > uncheck "show tab bar"

@davelang That's totally weird. My tab bar has always been shown.

• @ayespy okay - same behaviour on two different machines and like I said one off a clean install

my guess is that you could replicate it if you installed exactly the same software I did, but who wants to go through all that trouble?

something about this latest version of windows AND a new version of vivaldi is causing the problem

but that's all the troubleshooting I'm gonna spend on it!

thx for the reply

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.