NEW! Snapshot (1.0.162.2) TP3 candidate!

• Vivaldi Team

Hi, we've reached the point where we have a release candidate for the TP3, so we are launching another snapshot today in preparation for that. https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/26-snapshot-1-0-162-2-tp3-candidate //Christian - Vivaldi Technologies

• @christian

Frankly I believe that would be better to have a single announcement thread, in the all platforms room, and to link it in the other rooms.

Having four or five topics about the same release is more confusing than helpful.

• Vivaldi Team

@The_Solutor:

@christian

Frankly I believe that would be better to have a single announcement thread, in the all platforms room, and to link it in the other rooms.

Having four or five topics about the same release is more confusing than helpful.

The way we've done it is pinning the latest build TP and Snapshot on top of each platform and all platforms forums. So you would prefer one single release thread in each forum or only in the all platforms forum?

We'll discuss this again internally, but we are so eager to get it out there "the more merrier" seems to have been the principle we've followed. B)

• @christian:

The way we've done it is pinning the latest build TP and Snapshot on top of each platform and all platforms forums. So you would prefer one single release thread in each forum or only in the all platforms forum?

Given the actual traffic amount of messages, I believe, that a single thread on "All platform rooms" would be less dispersive, then I would post a message in each room with just the announcement and a link to the main discussion.

I would go even further, linking the discussion on the blog or viceversa, to have a single place to exchange opinions about a definite release.

Maybe later, when Vivaldi will start to conquest the planet :) , a discussion per OS would be more meaningful.

I think that for you, involved on the development, would be easier to keep track of user's opinions and informally reported bugs/oddities, keeping an eye on a single thread, rather than looking at the blog+five forum's threads.

[quote[color=#000088]]We'll discuss this again internally, but we are so eager to get it out there "the more merrier" seems to have been the principle we've followed.

That's obviously my personal and humble opinion, backed by a good experience on forums, but still humble and personal. ;)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.