1.0.161.2 native windows

• Ooh, native windows, very nice! One minor itch.. I updated, restarted, which re-opened the two windows of tabs I had, then I changed the native windows setting, restarted - still old style windows. With a minor difference, no min, max, close buttons. New windows do have the native borders, but I can't seem to close the old two..

• I have noticed issues with the native window settings as well. I am on Arch Linux with GNOME 3.16.1. Not a deal breaker by any means but a bit annoying. ;)

Also notice that the menu button is affected by the native window settings as well.

[attachment=1131]Workspace1_085.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• Same about the menu button.

• Native Windows seems to be quite good [eventually] for me in Mint 17.1 x64 KDE… but it took 3 successive restarts of V before the effect "kicked in".

[attachment=1132]VwithKDEstyle.png[/attachment]

Edit Update: Boohoo, not so good after all. I discovered that after then closing the browser & reopening it [[i]after having already achieved the native windows eventually as already noted], that effect was lost again… & even five successive restarts did not bring it back. It's now disabled again, til next SN. Pity, it was nice whilst it briefly lasted.
    Attachments:

@Steffie:

Native Windows seems to be quite good [eventually] for me in Mint 17.1 x64 KDE… but it took 3 successive restarts of V before the effect "kicked in".

[attachment=1132]VwithKDEstyle.png[/attachment]

You're not the first to report that. I tried native windows very briefly here, and quit right away because I kind of hated the effect. To each his/her own, I suppose.

Sometimes after closing Vivaldi the native window disapperars on Debian KDE and does not reappear even if i disable and reanble setiing for Native Windows.

• Menu button which menu button? (NB: I have horizontal menu turned on, where it should be ;) -. hmm, after the 3rd restart all 4 windows now have native borders.. so I can close the two I don't need.. wonder what will happen after the 4th.. ;)

Edit: Spoke too soon, 3 outta the 4 did, wonder why..

• Native Window function is good for me now in Mint x64 KDE, with 1.0.162.2, after the false-start in 1.0.161.2. Yay – thanks V devs :)

• .. there's a 1.0.162.2 .. where?

• I think this question too!!!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.