How can I assign a shortcut to Backspace?

• I would like to make Backspace work as a keyboard shortcut for the Browser's Back button, just like it's in Opera. Is that possible?

@tomica:

I would like to make Backspace work as a keyboard shortcut for the Browser's Back button, just like it's in Opera. Is that possible?

It already works that way if you're not in a textbox. And if you ARE in a textbox, you don't want it to work that way.

• Well, not on my computer it doesn't. This is what I see as default keyboard shortcuts for Back:

Ctrl+Left, Alt+Left, Z
    ```And when I try to put in Backspace, it only deletes the existing shortcuts.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm using Vivaldi Snapshot 1.0.161.2 on elementary OS Luna.

• @tomica:

Well, not on my computer it doesn't. This is what I see as default keyboard shortcuts for Back:

Ctrl+Left, Alt+Left, Z
    ```And when I try to put in Backspace, it only deletes the existing shortcuts.

I see the same here on Windows 7 Vivaldi Snapshot 1.0.161.2 32-bit

I can assign Ctrl Backspace, but not Backspace alone.

However, as Ayespy said, Backspace does go back if not in a text box.

• Well this is interesting. How come it's not working for me then? Could it be specific to Linux? I've started noticing this a couple of snapshots back, so I'm sure it's not a version issue.

@tomica:

Well this is interesting. How come it's not working for me then? Could it be specific to Linux? I've started noticing this a couple of snapshots back, so I'm sure it's not a version issue.

Yeah - must be a Linux thing. Doesn't work on my Lubuntu X86 either. You ought to report the bug.

Click the bottom button to restore all default shortcuts. There's a persistent bug where Vivaldi does not upgrade your shortcuts. Restoring fixes as it overwrites everything.

• @Ayespy thanks for checking that for me. I'll file a bug report.

@An_dz I've already tried resetting the individual shortcut for Back, as well as bulk reset all the shortcuts. Now I've upgraded to 1.0.162.2, tried resetting both ways again, and it still isn't working.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.