Message Board / Blog Theme Elements - LINKs

• [b][size=5]Message Board / Blog Theme Elements - LINKs[/size][/b] Do you folks not wish to hear from me anymore ? Do you now regard me as a PEST ? You could still answer and say "NO" to my proposal, and I could take my strained eyes to some OTHER WebMail / Message Board / Blog service - maybe even to a PAID one. ([i]I have posted about this in THREE other threads here, AFAIK with ZERO RESPONSE, and it's an easy thing to change, from a web page authoring perspective, so let's try again, this 4th and final time in a separate thread.[/i]) ==== ORIGINAL POST ==== Please excuse me if this can already be done (but in that case please explain how), but what I have in mind is to [b]adjust the appearance of the theme of the message board[/b] (and of the blog, if they are tied together). In particular, one thing which escapes my aging eyes is that the default colour chosen for [b]common web links[/b] around here is a shade of grey, which is hard to discern from the regular text [and background] until you mouse over it by accident, when the hover colour then becomes red, which itself is a good choice. Please could it be arranged that you or we adjust the colour of the links to be the traditional blue, and possibly underline them, to look like [color=#0044ff]this[/color] , or like [color=#0044ff][u]this[/u][/color] ? There might be other things which could benefit from adjusting in the message board / blog interface, but that's mainly what comes to mind at the present. Thanks. = = = = = = = BTW, the other posts where I mentioned it were : https://vivaldi.net/forum/suggestion-box/137-help-howto-faq#1265 and later : https://vivaldi.net/forum/suggestion-box/169-feature-requests#1983 and then here : https://vivaldi.net/forum/suggestion-box/111-bugs-the-official-bug-thread?start=63

• Probably a reasonable suggestion but I personally don't see it as a priority.

• Evidently THEY do not either.

But they have at least always replied to me when I suggested other things earlier.

And it speaks to what the service might become like here later, if this place really catches on.

• @davesnothere:

And it speaks to what the service might become like here later, if this place really catches on.

Possibly… and if so, that's not a good thing. It could be as simple as: it's Friday, it's Valentine's Day, the week is winding down, folks have other things on their minds right now... etc. Who can say?

• OK, that covers today.

And on each of the previous 3 occasions when I posted about it ? ;)

Heck, YOU have responded twice on this, and you have less reason to do so, I would think.

• Vivaldi Team

davesnothere, we are always listening ;) even if we don't respond. So, keep them coming!
    And, sorry that we haven't replied :pinch:

We have gotten many feedbacks and have many things in our backlog, much more than we can handle at the moment.

Anyway, your suggestions on increasing font size and changing link color is one of them.
    Hopefully, we can push this change soon.

Thanks!

• We're cool.

I realize that there must be some growing pains.

However, ANY reply at all is worthwhile, even if incomplete or inconclusive. :)

BTW, I only spoke of the link colour, but come to think of it, being able to have everything larger might be useful too.

But isn't font SIZE something which we can change with our browsers anyway ?

• I must agree with "davesnothere"…

When I posted this topic (https://vivaldi.net/forum/design/141-apparently-the-best-in-web-design), one of the first comments to my post was that the viewer had no idea there was a link.
    Right now the only way to change this is for the author to edit the text properties.
    Further, if you have time to read the original link from TechRepublic you will notice that this very topic is mentioned in the Comments.
    I do agree this may not be a high priority item, but perhaps somewhere in the future something could be incorporated to provide a higher contrast for visual keys.

• @greybeard:

….Right now the only way to change this is for the author to edit the text properties.

Further, if you have time to read the original link from TechRepublic, you will notice that this very topic is mentioned in the article's 'Comments'....

I see that your current choice to make links more visible is to put Brackets around them here.

Yes, that one comment below your further-linked TechRepublic article just about nutshells it, IMNSHO.

"….Gray is one of the WORST colors you can pair with a WHITE background for displaying text...."

I have replied and lamented in more detail and elevated passion over in YOUR thread. https://vivaldi.net/forum/design/141-apparently-the-best-in-web-design

Cheers !

• Well, i'm not gray bearded but gray haired. And with eyes older than 50 ;)

The color contrast ratio of 2.6:1 for links is to small!
    Red links for mouseover are useles for people with color receptor anomaly.

vivaldi.net is really missing some issues related to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.

• @AngiesDOM:

….The color contrast ratio of 2.6:1 for links is too small!

[And] Red links for mouseover are useless for people with color receptor anomaly….

Is it just ME, or did they make ONE change to the colours ?

Today, the Mouseover (hover) colour for links seems to be a shade of BLUE, rather than the RED to which I referred in my OP.

SHHHHH ! - Be VEWWWWWY Quiet ! - Someone MAY be working on it ! :)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.