Option for magnifying Vivaldi default fonts

• Might this become possible? I find the standard font size throughout the Vivaldi program (not the individual URL display) taxing on my jaded eyes. Might this become subject to indivdual taste to magnify, please?

It's an option that will in future be included.

• Would enlarging the page using the zoom feature do the trick for you as it resolves the size problem for myself….am very familiar with the jaded eyes issue too.
    If so be sure your status bar is opened and slide the bar to 110% or more or you can use keyboard shortcuts shown in settings to do it.

• Zooming doesn't change the interface fonts — just those on web pages.

To modify the interface fonts, edit common.css and replace font-size:11.5px with font-size:15px or whatever.

• Another thing you can try is to lower your display resolution which will increase text size overall and be sure to keep screen setting in full screen mode not aspect ratio or you may also try the Windows Magnifier tool.

• Thanks, but since your notion would affect all other programs this would not serve me well. It's just the Vivaldi's browser default font size for everything that is awfully small. And plainly want doesn't want to fiddle constantly with the re-set button at the bottom of the page for these sort of postings. But even that wouldn't take care of all the other menus, advisories, bookmarks etc.

• This is actually the first browser in a very long time I have used that did not have the ability to grow or shrink fonts as well as the font styles
    I would hope the would move this as a high priority because seeing what you are doing is kinda what a browser is supposed to be about.

I'm sure they will move it, tho not sure the priority will be high, as the vast, vast majority of users never adjust font sizes.

• @Ayespy:

the vast, vast majority of users never adjust font sizes.

Goodness me, i must be utterly perverse, & clearly in a tiny, tiny minority… customising font-types & sizes is one of the very first things i [try to] do with every browser i use or evaluate. I'm with the OP [but for opposite reasons; i want to be able to [i]reduce some sizes]. I became excited recently, briefly, when in a separate post i learnt of vivaldi://chrome/settings/fonts , but then i became rapidly unexcited again… https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser-for-linux/3098-new-snapshot-1-0-156-2-feature-polish-and-tons-of-bug-fixes#24644

@Steffie:

@Ayespy:

the vast, vast majority of users never adjust font sizes.

Goodness me, i must be utterly perverse, & clearly in a tiny, tiny minority… customising font-types & sizes is one of the very first things i [try to] do with every browser i use or evaluate. I'm with the OP [but for opposite reasons; i want to be able to [i]reduce some sizes]. I became excited recently, briefly, when in a separate post i learnt of vivaldi://chrome/settings/fonts , but then i became rapidly unexcited again… https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser-for-linux/3098-new-snapshot-1-0-156-2-feature-polish-and-tons-of-bug-fixes#24644

Yes, I fear you are in a tiny minority, though probably not perverse (unless I am, too). I'm the only person I know who ever adjusted font sizes in my browser. My wife used to do it in her email, but not browser. And I only made minor adjustments YEARS after I started using Opera, and never even tried it in any other browser. So, since everyone is either just like me or just like someone I know, ergo, you're in a tiny minority - but then, that's probably why you are even here, with the rest of us weirdos, so in the end it's a good thing. Think of what a tiny minority of humanity has ever ruled a nation. Gives you hope, doesn't it?

• Giggling.

• If I am not mistaken the default font sizes in Opera 12.17 are 13 pixels (about 9.5 point). Those in Vivalidi seem to be 11.5px or about 8.5 point, which is considerably smaller. I have long since modified my interface fonts in Opera to 16 or 18 px. My default zoom is 120% and my Windows display settings are at 125%. My customised DTA skin has 32px icons. My monitor is 1920 x 1080 pixels.

Edit: I just checked the default fonts in Opera. They are actually 15px

15,4,0,0,0,0,Segoe UI

• Thanks to all of you. Even this message is really a tad small. Perhaps the Vivaldi's default might be made a bit larger - say like a 11 or 12 point. For those who might find this too large they could just push the screen back a bit?

I don't see any difference in font size between Opera and Vivaldi here. I measured by hand and Opera has 9px, Vivaldi is the same but 10px for the address bar.

@Pesala
    Where did you get that value, I checked the skin.ini in the default skin and could not find anything

• Look in opera:config#Fonts

Note that this thread is about Interface Font sizes, not web page fonts, which are also too small.

In Opera 12.17 one can also set a minimum font size for web pages — the default if 9 pix.

Yes, I know it's about the interface. And they are the same for both Vivaldi and Opera.

My fonts in opera:config#Fonts are all default and none of them are 15px, they are 12,4,0,0,0,0,SegoeUI and some few are 13px.
    In Vivaldi they are 11.5px or 13px, depends the area. So they are the same sizes of Opera.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.