How to protect stored passwords?

• I'm a Chrome user and I've decided to give Vivaldi a try. I've imported my Chrome settings & passwords and found out that they are displayed in the settings in plain text. Is it possible to protect them so that I have to provide a passphrase / Windows login credentials as in Chrome (chrome://settings/passwords) or is Vivaldi really giving them away to anybody who opens my settings?

@hauserv You will be asked for a master password to view your passwords: vivaldi://settings/passwords

If you do that once, the passwords will be visible until you restart Vivaldi, then you will need to enter your Windows user login password to view them.

0_1528113421202_Windows Security.png

• That's odd. I've just tried restarting it (double checked that there's no vivaldi process) and it doesn't ask me for anything. Just displays a table with all my passwords. What could I be doing wrong?

I do not mean the chrome://settings/passwords site withing Vivaldi, that one works but the Privacy tab (Menu -> Tools -> Settings -> Privacy) that, at least for me, displays a table with all my passwords without asking anything.

@hauserv said in How to protect stored passwords?:

so that I have to provide a passphrase / Windows login credentials

Vivaldi uses similar login database as Chrome.
    You have to open internal password page and type in Windows credential to view the password.

• Certainly odd, I've rebooted the thing and it now only displays the account names without passwords as I guess is supposed to. Dunno what was that. (Is there a way to delete this topic as I guess it won't be relevant to anybody else?)

Btw: the link vivaldi://settings/passwords doesn't take me to the privacy page but only to the startup. Is that supposed to happen?

@hauserv said in How to protect stored passwords?:

vivaldi://settings/passwords

There's no need to delete the topic, as it may help someone else searching for help on passwords.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.